Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hothead headliner

Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New installation videos for 2011-2012 Hothead Headliners

I just uploaded some new videos on YouTube that show me installing the front, rear, and side rear window panels in a 2011 JK 2 door. The front panel video show the color match of the Med Dk Oak with the leather interior.
Rear Side Window Panel:
http://http://youtu.be/rnEDZj90iBU
Front Freedom Panel:
http://http://youtu.be/dkK3KWood5U
Rear Panel:
http://http://youtu.be/1ZCKUWdpGJg

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

thanks,

Mark
Old 11-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Default Hothead Headliners Sale

Hi Everyone,

We having a Thanksgiving, Black Friday, & Pre-Christmas Sale all in 1. We are offering 20% off our most popular headliner kits and 15% off the rest.
See them at: Hothead Headliners.
Or call us at: 714-872-2071

Thanks

Mark
Old 11-23-2011, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by inverse121

Here's what I found:

This is without the headliners 82 average and 93 peak

This is with the headliners 76 average and 91 peak

So regardless of the accuracy of the instrument, I can safely say, it gives about a 7% reduction in average road noise at around town speeds up to 60 mph.

Actually, what you found is about a 50% reduction in noise level. That scale you posted is in decibels (dB). dB is not a linear scale, it's a logarithmic scale. Your ears also do not perceive loudness on a linear scale, they react closer to a logarithmic scale, thus why dB is always measured for "loudness", to better correlate
with what your ears hear, so your 7% calculation is wrong. In basic linear thinking when using a log scale, every 6dB difference is twice as loud, or -6dB in your case is 1/2 as loud....which would be 50% quieter.

To give you an example of the actual math that is being used with that measurement you posted. Let's say you wanted to do an upgraded stereo system install and you wanted it to be twice as loud as your current system. So you want to know, how many more Watts of amplifier do I need to add to make my system twice as loud?

You would use the following equation: dB= 10 x LOG(P2/P1)

P1 is the wattage of your current system, P2 is the wattage of your new system. So say your current system is 100 Watts....what would P2 need to be, to give you +6dB more loudness level? You do the math and you find you will need a 400 Watt amplifier to double the loudness of your current system.

10x Log (400/100)= 10 x Log(4)= +6dB

Good measurement otherwise, you just misinterpreted the measurement.

You probably also want to adjust that "rate" slider to something between 250-500mS, which would give you a better average level reading, since your ears work on an average level and the 100mS setting you have is faster reacting than your ears.

That's just my advise, coming from an audio engineer.

Last edited by Rednroll; 11-23-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by mcambrose
Hi Everyone,

We having a Thanksgiving, Black Friday, & Pre-Christmas Sale all in 1. We are offering 20% off our most popular headliner kits and 15% off the rest.
See them at: Hothead Headliners.
Or call us at: 714-872-2071

Thanks

Mark
I've been interested for awhile to get a complete set for my JKU. When shopping in the past the hot heads site had them broken up into separate kits. In other words, a front kit, a rear kit, a side panel kit...etc.

Can you post a kit price on your site for people like me who want to buy a complete kit for a 4 door JKU, which includes the front freedom panels, rear top, rear sides, and rear window? Your site in the past has made me have to spend more time than I needed to figure out which individual kits I needed and add up the individual prices. Thus, why I haven't ordered yet.

I would love to ask my wife to get me these for Christmas. She is not a JEEP person, thus if I have to explain to her that I need 3 different kits she will only get confused in trying to figure out what I need/want.

If I could tell her to go to this website and order this complete kit, in this particular color then that would make things much easier on her to be able to 1....make sure she is ordering the correct item, and 2 figuring out if she will be able to afford it.

Last edited by Rednroll; 11-23-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the hothead liners in my 4 door 11', they are OK, but the front passenger side panel is drooping down.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I've been interested for awhile to get a complete set for my JKU. When shopping in the past the hot heads site had them broken up into separate kits. In other words, a front kit, a rear kit, a side panel kit...etc.

Can you post a kit price on your site for people like me who want to buy a complete kit for a 4 door JKU, which includes the front freedom panels, rear top, rear sides, and rear window? Your site in the past has made me have to spend more time than I needed to figure out which individual kits I needed and add up the individual prices. Thus, why I haven't ordered yet.

I would love to ask my wife to get me these for Christmas. She is not a JEEP person, thus if I have to explain to her that I need 3 different kits she will only get confused in trying to figure out what I need/want.

If I could tell her to go to this website and order this complete kit, in this particular color then that would make things much easier on her to be able to 1....make sure she is ordering the correct item, and 2 figuring out if she will be able to afford it.
Ahhh what are you talking about... the site clearly lists a complete kit price.

2011 - 2012 JK 4 door Headliner Kit (Velcro, removable)

This Headliner Kits include: 2 front panels, 1 middle panel, 1 back panel attached with Velcro.

Regular price: $299.00
Sale price 15% off: $254.00
Colors

2011 - 2012 JK 4 door Headliner Kit (3M, VHB tape)

This Headliner Kits include: 2 front panels, 1 middle panel, 1 back panel attached permanently with 3M VHB tape.

Regular price: $269.00
Sale price 20% off: $215.00

Last edited by Lotus F1; 11-23-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Can anyone comment on the pros and cons of the velcro setup vs. the VHB tape? Thanks!
Old 11-23-2011, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

The velcro version is drooping down on the passenger side of my 11'.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Default Velcro vs 3M

Originally Posted by navin r
The velcro version is drooping down on the passenger side of my 11'.
Hi everyone,
I don't believe that one attachment method works better that the other. We've shipped out hundreds of each and they both seem to have about the same failure rate. Maybe about 1 person in 40 has some issue with part of a panel not holding. I don't know why that happens because every customer that I've talked with says they cleaned the hardtop as directed and pushed up with at least 15 pounds of force. What I do know is that every single person that has contacted me has had their issue resolved regardless of why it's happening.
I personally have Velcro holding the headliners in my Jeep, but that is because I need to change them sometimes. If it wasn't for that I would probably install them with the 3M because I think the denseness of the tape may dampen vibration a little better than the Velcro.
If anyone has any questions or issues please give me a send me an email or give me a call:
Email: hotheadheadliners@gmail.com
Cell number: 714-872-2071

thanks,

Mark
Old 11-23-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lotus F1
Ahhh what are you talking about... the site clearly lists a complete kit price.

2011 - 2012 JK 4 door Headliner Kit (Velcro, removable)

This Headliner Kits include: 2 front panels, 1 middle panel, 1 back panel attached with Velcro.

Regular price: $299.00
Sale price 15% off: $254.00
Colors

2011 - 2012 JK 4 door Headliner Kit (3M, VHB tape)

This Headliner Kits include: 2 front panels, 1 middle panel, 1 back panel attached permanently with 3M VHB tape.

Regular price: $269.00
Sale price 20% off: $215.00
That is not the complete kit that you are referring to. There are other pieces also available such as the rear sides and the rear window with the other above pieces you mentioned that Rednroll as well as myself would like to see all priced into one kit.
I too would like to ask for these for Christmas but if I direct my wife to the website she will just get confused and I will end up with gray front, black rear, oak sides, etc.
I think it would be a great option!

Quick Reply: Hothead headliner