Hothead headliner - Page 3 - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hothead headliner

Old 10-26-2009, 07:31 AM
  #21  
JK Super Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: MD DC area
Posts: 1,461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by wmcvey View Post
Just put these up, took some shots with my cell phone. Hope this works.
Definitely looks factory and looks to fit really well.

Also for the guys who mentioned the glue smell, I'd imagine much like real new car smell it will stop offgassing relatively soon.
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline  
Old 10-26-2009, 08:03 PM
  #22  
JK Freak
 
Fathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lohman, Missouri
Posts: 628
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I installed the Hothead liners too. I also had a paint shop paint the interior of the hardtop shell black. Mark at Hotheads seemed just a little reluctant to sell me the straight black headliners but the match is perfect (even thought the picture makes the headliner look gray).

Fathom is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 01:59 PM
  #23  
JK Super Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: MD DC area
Posts: 1,461
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fathom View Post
I installed the Hothead liners too. I also had a paint shop paint the interior of the hardtop shell black. Mark at Hotheads seemed just a little reluctant to sell me the straight black headliners but the match is perfect (even thought the picture makes the headliner look gray).

See, now this was really helpful for me, since I have my hardtop painted black on the inside and I've also got black and charcoal grey leather seats, so I wanted something darker than stock. Glad to know you found it to be a great match.
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline  
Old 10-27-2009, 05:15 PM
  #24  
JK Freak
 
Fathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lohman, Missouri
Posts: 628
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1 View Post
See, now this was really helpful for me, since I have my hardtop painted black on the inside and I've also got black and charcoal grey leather seats, so I wanted something darker than stock. Glad to know you found it to be a great match.
My painter had the headliner to match to, but I have to say he did a great job matching the "sheen" of the fabric. Definately not matt black but not gloss either.
Fathom is offline  
Old 11-03-2009, 07:33 AM
  #25  
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative
 
mcambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 465
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Glue smell

Hey guys,
just thought I'd address the glue smell issue real quick for anybody thinking about buying a set of my headliners. I'm sure all of you that have them already know that the smell does disappear. The glue is an industrial automotive contact cement that I've been using for carpet, headliners, & door panels in cars for years. The smell is quite strong but dissipates completely in a short time. I guess the problem is that as soon as the headliners are made they are put into their plastic slips so they don't get dirty. I hadn't thought of the smell going in the slips with them. What I'll do in the future is let the headliners air out a bit before putting them in plastic. Hopefully that will eliminate the odor issue.
Thanks for all of your posts
Mark
mcambrose is offline  
Old 11-03-2009, 07:56 AM
  #26  
JK Freak
 
Fathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lohman, Missouri
Posts: 628
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mcambrose View Post
Hey guys,
just thought I'd address the glue smell issue real quick for anybody thinking about buying a set of my headliners. I'm sure all of you that have them already know that the smell does disappear. The glue is an industrial automotive contact cement that I've been using for carpet, headliners, & door panels in cars for years. The smell is quite strong but dissipates completely in a short time. I guess the problem is that as soon as the headliners are made they are put into their plastic slips so they don't get dirty. I hadn't thought of the smell going in the slips with them. What I'll do in the future is let the headliners air out a bit before putting them in plastic. Hopefully that will eliminate the odor issue.
Thanks for all of your posts
Mark

Mark: Honestly I barely noticed it and I have a big nose!
(it's gone now err the smell not my nose)
Fathom is offline  
Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 AM
  #27  
JK Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chester, NJ
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Same here

The smell is mostly gone in mine after a week and that is with cold weather without allowing it to air out.
Canipe is offline  
Old 11-03-2009, 08:27 AM
  #28  
JK Enthusiast
 
R0ck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 414
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

From what I understand the main purpose of these is to deflect some of the heat in high temps, but does anyone have any experience with these to retain some of the internal heat in the colder temps?
R0ck is offline  
Old 11-03-2009, 06:19 PM
  #29  
JK Enthusiast
 
Steve's 95YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 240
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by R0ck View Post
From what I understand the main purpose of these is to deflect some of the heat in high temps, but does anyone have any experience with these to retain some of the internal heat in the colder temps?
That's one of the reasons that I got the headliner kit from Mark.........well that and the fact that I hate the look of white hardtop interior.

I don't have any experience yet with how well the headliner will retain heat, but the temps here in Ontario are starting to drop now (it got up to about 10C / 50F this afternoon) so hopefully I'll be able to provide an update in a few weeks.

Oh yeah, the glue smell took about 4 or 5 days to disappear.
Steve's 95YJ is offline  
Old 11-21-2009, 10:32 AM
  #30  
JK Enthusiast
 
RedRock GatorRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 384
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Received my liner yesterday and installed this morning in about a half an hour.

Must say, those were the best packaged items I've ever received. I'm very impressed with the meticulous attention to detail as well.

Thanks Mark.
RedRock GatorRaider is offline  

Quick Reply: Hothead headliner


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: