Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hummer h3 trying to get in on the jeep wave!

Old 09-14-2011, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Maybe he was trying to flag you down so you would pull over and let him admire your jeep??
Old 09-14-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkjk
Just the other day my wife and I were in her solara (I was driving) and we passed a tj. My wife started to laugh and I was like what?!?!? She said I waved at him.. Dude probably thought I was gay or something... I was hoping he saw my hot wife in the passenger seat!!!
Did that just yesterday in my Mustang GT Convertible. I guess with the top down I thought I was in my Jeep. My son asked did you know him? I said no...he said why did you give him a Jeep wave while in the Mustang? I said force of habit.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Atleast the Hummer or FJ are 4x4 rigs and if they wave first I wave back, but I have a 'beats all' I was riding my Harley the other day and a guy on a 50cc scooter waved at me give me a break - I think his license plate was DUI ... something.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Texas44k
I just have a "wave habit." No matter what i may be driving, i can't help but wave at jeeps. I feel stupid after they have passed and i realize i'm driving my dads truck or girlfriends jetta. The latter being more embarrassing haha.
Haha, did that in a rental sedan today.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah, I do this all the time in my Civic or old VW van - I forget what I am driving! Maybe they have a JK too and forgot.

(Secretly I like the Hummer, I came *that close* to buying an H3 Alpha instead of the JK - it was just too wide and too expensive.)
Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

Yeah, I'll wave if it's initiated by them. So far the only vehicle to wave other than a wrangler has been an H1. Oh, and a school bus of kids waving when I was riding doorless this morning.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

I had a guy in a Ford 150 hauling his lawn care service trailer wave to me yesterday - Jeep envy or Undercover Jeeper ?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Honestly I wave to any off road vehical. Hummer, FJ, LR, ect. It is all about having fun and not my rig is better than yours.
x2!! Totally agree and I have quite a few that give a wave or nod. The sad part is that sometimes I see more waves and nods from non jeep owners than those who do.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
x2!! Totally agree and I have quite a few that give a wave or nod. The sad part is that sometimes I see more waves and nods from non jeep owners than those who do.
haha its the same around here, i wave to anyone and everyone. if they have a lifted truck that i think is cool...i wave. if they have a modded fj...i wave...i havent waved to a h2 or h3 yet...but they havent looked worthy. its soo sad that jks around here rarely wave back...and any other jeeps rarely wave either...sooo sad
Old 09-14-2011, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

I didn't realize the wave was so exclusive. I've been waving to other Hummers, Jeeps, and 4x4's since our first Hummer that we owned. I will say that the Hummer wave has died like some people think the Jeep wave has. If I'm in the 3 I'll wave to jeeps that look like they wheel because it's about offroading for me, not the vehicle and if they see the 3, they should know it gets used for what it was made to do.... Stupid soccer moms...

End of rant...

Quick Reply: Hummer h3 trying to get in on the jeep wave!