JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   I got keyed! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/i-got-keyed-226306/)

Rubic0nrye 04-04-2012 01:17 PM

I got keyed!

Im in highschool, and got keyed in the school parking lot, sadly theirs no evidence that a certain person did it, im currently filing a police report. Any guesses on how much it might be to get fixed..
Put something in my gas tank, Keyed the passenger door, and the panel around the gas cap. Any ideas on how to catch an immature kid that doesn't know how to handle his problems?

JK-Tex 04-04-2012 01:24 PM

Damn. I take it you have comprehensive insurance? If so, file a claim. This is what insurance is for. The gas tank might need to be dropped and drained, which will be a pain. I know you know this, but don't drive the Jeep until the gas issue has been cleared up.

MotiCross 04-04-2012 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rubic0nrye (Post 2943412)
Im in highschool, and got keyed in the school parking lot, sadly theirs no evidence that a certain person did it, im currently filing a police report. Any guesses on how much it might be to get fixed..
Put something in my gas tank, Keyed the passenger door, and the panel around the gas cap. Any ideas on how to catch an immature kid that doesn't know how to handle his problems?

That sucks.... first get the lockable gas cap becasue they could have put something in the gas that will kill your motor... not to scare you.

As for the scratches, if they are not too deep, some good polishing places could do mirecles (since buffing takes a coat of paint)...

either way good luck and maybe get a cheap alarm sensor as well so if anyone touches the jeep it will chirp

Rayster 04-04-2012 01:34 PM

In addition to what was already said;

Although it may be a hassle, I would park as far out as possible away from anyone. Most people are lazy and won't go out of their way to do crap like that. Also, if your vehicle is sitting all alone, the chance someone noticing someone else walking around it are in your favor.

j33p4life 04-04-2012 02:01 PM

I'm in highschool and my jeep is always being Messed with. people have no respect anymore!
I have had people tow my jeep out of the way taking up multiple spots, which I actually thought was funny!
but then I had someone throw a rock at my windshield when I had the top off. it put a big crack though the windshield. The stupid kid started telling people!!! he told a good friend of mine and the friend told me. yep I got the kid to pay for it!!

IZZNICE 04-04-2012 02:08 PM

Sorry to hear that!! You didn't piss off any girls did you? From what I remember from high school the girls can be a little crazy.

MotiCross 04-04-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by IZZNICE (Post 2943518)
Sorry to hear that!! You didn't piss off any girls did you? From what I remember from high school the girls can be a little crazy.

Just in highschool...?? lol

IZZNICE 04-04-2012 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by MotiCross

Just in highschool...?? lol

Lol. Not trying to be known as that guy on here. Though few and far between, there are a some women on here. All of whom I'm sure are not crazy :crazyeyes:

RedOffRoad 04-04-2012 02:48 PM

what ever happened to the old days when high school issues were resolved with good ole fashioned slug fest where you would end up shaking hands after knowing you just took out your all your frustrations with a swing...oh wait, thats assault these days :(......stupid parents and lawsuits never letting kids be kids anymore.

j33p4life 04-04-2012 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by RedOffRoad
what ever happened to the old days when high school issues were resolved with good ole fashioned slug fest where you would end up shaking hands after knowing you just took out your all your frustrations with a swing...oh wait, thats assault these days :(......stupid parents and lawsuits never letting kids be kids anymore.

when my dad found out bout the windshield, he asked " well your gonna slug him aren't ya?"