Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lining JKU floor

Old 10-15-2017, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lining JKU floor

As anyone lined their JKU floor i.e. Rhino Lining or such? Was wheeling this weekend and was buried half way up my doors and when pulled out I had a waterfall coming out my doors. So with the awesome smelly ride home I'm really considering tanking all the carpet. So if anyone has done and has a preference of product or installation suggestions I would appreciate the info'
Old 10-16-2017, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

I haven't had carpet or plugs in my Jeep for along time. Best bet is to get some roll on lining. You can buy it a home depot.

Remove the seats, plastic crap & keep the wiring harnesses out of the way. You can scrape the heat/sound deadening crud off the floor if you like, but its easier just to roll over it.

I just pressure wash the inside of mine a few times a year to clean the dirt out. All good in the hood.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:19 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Many people do this. This would have been a great thread for you, but thanks to Photbucket's new policy, the pics are all gone -

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...r-blue-157693/

It was a great thread. Maybe the text can still be helpful at least. I'm planning on this at some point as well, and will use the Raptor liner.

I will add, I have pulled my carpet out and like it just fine. I don't notice any heat issues, but I do still use the Quadratec rubber mats. It is indeed a bit more noising with no carpet and the top on, but my top is off almost all the time so I don't notice it.

Last edited by resharp001; 10-16-2017 at 05:22 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

resharp001 yes that is a very well detailed plan. Pictures sure would have helped a lot. Idk about rewiring through the roll cage but that plan is a good starting point.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

And Arson I agree with most likely using a roll on. I can see me spraying the entire inside with a sprayer. 😩
Old 10-16-2017, 11:39 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Y, the pictures in that thread really added a TON of value. dumb photobucket. I've been through that thread several times in the past as I'd really like to do it. Personally, I'd use the spray myself. they taped things off very good with plastic, lifted all the wiring and such, and sprayed. Overspray is not supposed to be a big concern with that stuff, and I think that overall texture comes out better. As with anything though, quality of the job is really all in the prep work.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:42 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I'd also add that thread showed a really nice color match with the U-Pol, but I've seen several and always come back to black. Once you pull out the carpet, there is a little space between the plastic moldings that the carpet filled in. With black, that open space just isn't as apparent as it is with defined change in color which make them stand out a bit more. Just my 2c.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I chose to have mine sprayed in. I prefer Line-X so I used a local shop to do it. My whole interior is has been sprayed from floors all the way up the pillars to include roll cage. If this is the route you’re considering and have questions let me know.

-Brad
Old 10-22-2017, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input everyone. Pulled the carpet yesterday still not 100% sure what route I'm gonna go. Did come across something that pissed me off. During manufacturing apparently they screwed up one of my drain plug holes. So instead of repairing it they slapped a vinyl patch over the hole and the plug.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:28 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Mylil6cyl73
Did come across something that pissed me off. During manufacturing apparently they screwed up one of my drain plug holes. So instead of repairing it they slapped a vinyl patch over the hole and the plug.
Odd. Have a pic....out of curiousity.

Quick Reply: Lining JKU floor