Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Inspect what you expect from the dealership service...

Old 12-30-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspect what you expect from the dealership service...

Just dropped it off at the dealership to have my engine ripped apart and cleaned. Last oil change I got there (1800 miles ago), the guy neglected to put the oil cap back on, so I had been driving, mudding, and wheeling all that time with all that gunk getting in my oil. They are pretty optimistic that the filter caught 99percent of the dirt, but are going as deep as they find the dirt to clean it. Thank God for lifetime powertrain!

I would have never noticed unless someone had pointed it out when I popped my hood to hook my air compresser upto my battery after a good day of wheelin out in Anza-Borrego. Thanks again Ty for fnding my cap wedged between the side and fuse box.

Moral of the story is that if you don't take the time to do it yourself, check the other guys work. That was my last of free oil changes, guess I got what I paid for...
Old 12-31-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Second moral....if you DO find something, don't wait to mention it.

One of the times I took my JK to the shop for a leaky axle seal, I noticed as I picked it up that there was some scuffing on the drivers front fender and marker light.
I figured the mechanic rubbed the lift getting it in and figured "it's a Jeep".

a week later, my buddy noticed one of the mount points was cracked in half.
Of course, after a week, the dealer wouldn't do anything about it. So I just told them to be more careful driving it onto the lift.

The missus just told me she likes the Bushwacker flares...so it's not all bad.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

I now make sure to tell the geniuses at my dealership to use the hood prop and not flip up my hood. I've got the AEV hood with no little bumpers on it. First oil change after getting it, some brainiac flipped it up onto my windshield denting it and scuffing the top of the windshield pillar and glass. The best part is the guy who drove it back out, was the guy who drove it into the bay, and he asked me, "Did your Jeep have that dent on the hood before?" The tech who did it didn't even try to claim his handywork. I was pissed, but they fixed it within an hour, so that I can't even tell, but now everytime I go in for anything I make sure to remind them.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

My dealer has left the oil filler cap off as well but thankfully I noticed 400 miles later and I hadn't been off road yet. They had me bring it RIGHT back in and they changed the oil, filter and replaced the cap. I made sure they noted my account... What else r u gonna do?

I still go there but needless to say I pop the hood before I drive away.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Well my engine is clean, they flushed it and inspected it, and tell me that it's ready to go. They say that the damper and filter still mamaged to catch everything, accout will be noted and if anything can posibly be related to this it will be covered in the future.

Quick Reply: Inspect what you expect from the dealership service...