Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Issue with Hanson Off Road / Pure Jeep BE AWARE

Old 10-18-2018, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with Hanson Off Road / Pure Jeep BE AWARE

If this isn't allowed to be posted, please let me know. Not looking to bash a company and lose my profile on this site, only looking for feedback/info and to make the Jeep community aware < - Primary Reason.

Hanson Off Road. I've order from them before in the past and recently ordered a bumper again (This year). I NEVER had an issued with previous orders but the one I placed recently has been a nightmare. If your looking into ordering from Hanson Off Road, please look into them (Review's/Better Business Bureau etc). The main reason I didn't look into them recently before my order this year is I never had any issues in the past. There decline as a company seems to be a recent event - past few years.

I ordered an item and after not receiving it and getting the run around story - "It's in staging" I decided to cancel the order only to be told I couldn't because its a "special order." When I again asked, they reported that Steve would contact me and naturally, I never received a call. Similar stories are being reported. Looked up their reviews and HOLY COW, they've been going down hill. When I went to dispute the charge, the credit card company mentioned something about special orders (Being a little harder to dispute) and really felt scammed since the gentleman I spoke with brought that up for no reason when I was trying to cancel the order. The item I ordered was not a special order - a simple add to cart and pay item.

Just to give a little more information, this company Hanson Off Road also is a parent company of Full Traction Suspension, PureJeep and Anvil Axle.

News Article : https://bakersfieldnow.com/news/loca...usiness-bureau

^ There are more articles.

Just be AWARE of this company and look up the information for yourself, there are a decent amount of write ups about this company ripping people off of their hard earned cash. I had to at least share this since I don't like when people are taken advantage of and/or become victims since I've read a lot of people still fighting for their money since they did not dispute the charges until after the 60 day mark.

Last edited by ATFPat; 10-18-2018 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You're doing the community a service. Definitely worth looking into if someone is considering any of their products.
The following users liked this post:
ATFPat (10-19-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Old 11-14-2018, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

So as of today, I'm only left with this bumper which was marked on the paperwork at 120lbs, I suspect that this was done to have the credit card dispute rule in their favor. Called about the missing skid plate and even emailed, no response. I would avoid this company. If I may add, the bumper doesn't fit so I now have to drill the holes out so that I can bolt it up to the wrangler.

Last edited by ATFPat; 11-14-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like another company has figured it out. Again be aware of this company. I still can't believe they're allowed to operate the way they do.

Kevins OffRoad has since protected it's customers
Link: https://kevinsoffroad.com/products/h...t-winch-bumper

"In order to protect our valued customers from Hanson's numerous broken commitments, we are not taking any additional orders for Hanson products.

If you are interested in a bumper, please email us through our contact form, and we will happily find a different supplier for you.

We have a great deal of respect for you and our other loyal customers, and will not compromise our standards or put you in the middle of Hanson's ineptitude and broken promises.

Doing what's right by our customers, is worth more than the profit we might lose by making this decision to stop recommending Hanson Products."

Quick Reply: Issue with Hanson Off Road / Pure Jeep BE AWARE