JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   JCwhitney is WAY cheaper than quadratec! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/jcwhitney-way-cheaper-than-quadratec-193915/)

ArmyEng875 09-01-2011 02:43 PM

JCwhitney is WAY cheaper than quadratec!

Looking at smittybilt bumpers, $499 at Quad, $299 at JC..

my whole build comes out WAY cheaper from JC... Wonder why Quad is so much higher on some stuff?

WXman 09-01-2011 03:14 PM

Some stuff? Dude, Q-tec is expensive on EVERYTHING. What they are banking on is that people won't ask them to pricematch.

But they will pricematch so just tell them when you call, they'll give you the lowest price.

ArmyEng875 09-01-2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by WXman (Post 2507130)
Some stuff? Dude, Q-tec is expensive on EVERYTHING. What they are banking on is that people won't ask them to pricematch.

But they will pricematch so just tell them when you call, they'll give you the lowest price.

So I see, some stuff is close in prices with over sites but I like quadratecs website but now that I looked at JC's.. damn.

What's another good website to look at parts thats like Quad.

Dayman 09-01-2011 03:31 PM

I usually shop through the forum rep, some times get a % off, at the least get free shipping

ZMagic97 09-01-2011 04:15 PM

I agree with the price match. Just ordered a Mopar carrier for my bumper and shopped around prior. Found it for $95 cheap elsewhere, but Quadratecs Joe price matched it for me with faster shipping and a tracking number. I have ordered from JCWhitney before, but from what I understand they don't have their hands on all their items and not 100% accurate with inventory. Been happy with both, but I will always price match with Quadratec first.

scooby snacks 09-01-2011 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by ArmyEng875 (Post 2507075)

my whole build comes out WAY cheaper from JC... Wonder why Quad is so much higher on some stuff?

Which bumpers are you looking at? The XRC's seem to be the same price. :thinking:..

ArmyEng875 09-01-2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by scooby snacks (Post 2507428)
Which bumpers are you looking at? The XRC's seem to be the same price. :thinking:..

When I put in the make and model on JC's.. it said $299........? And the price matching is awesome! I'll probably be ordering from them then, when the time comes.

highoctane 09-01-2011 07:58 PM

This is why I shop at Northridge. Why should I have to ask for a lower price, after searching for a cheaper price somwhere else. Get the low price from the get go, with free shipping to boot. And if it's backordered, David will tell you BEFORE you order.

Absolute 09-01-2011 08:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Ahhh, I think you might need to take another look.......it looks like you are wrong.

From Q-Tec
Attachment 205662

From JC Whitney
Attachment 205663

The Manufacturer Part #s are the same.
There is a "Classic Bumper" for 299 with no winch plate. Priced the same on both sites.

quadratec 09-02-2011 05:59 AM

Which bumpers are you comparing? Everything I'm comparing has the same pricing that we do. I price match competitors shipped prices. Whichever bumper you're looking at I'll match, but most likely I'll be cheaper right off the bat. Other vendors also like to raise their retail prices and advertise free shipping, keep it mind when comparing prices! :thumbsup:

-Joe