Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep door Storage

Old 03-14-2007, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep door Storage

I have the full doors, and I eventually want to get some superdoors full soft two piece doors (Come on Bestop!).

As fae as storing the full doors, Quadratec has two basic options- a wall hanger and a cart (there are actually two different carts). Does anyone have any experience with these???? Recommend or not? I know there are bags, but that doesn't solve my problem of where to put them.

I know there are also ways to attach the doors the the spare tire carrier, but I'm not interested in that right now.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2007, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Nobody has an opinion? What do you do with the hard doors when you take them off?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
Nobody has an opinion? What do you do with the hard doors when you take them off?
At this point in time, I carefully prop up my doors on my workbench in my garage. I have the same delemma. I will will be going with the racks that go on the walls. Since I have the JKU, I will have to get 2 racks. I've also seen a cart that holds a set of doors by their hinge pins. I don't remember where I saw it.

I am also waiting for Bestop to come out with the 2 piece soft doors for the JK. I had them for my 2 TJs and they were great. It would also be a hell of a lot cheaper that having to purchase 4 complete half doors from Mopar for my Unlimited.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:24 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
I have the full doors, and I eventually want to get some superdoors full soft two piece doors (Come on Bestop!).

As fae as storing the full doors, Quadratec has two basic options- a wall hanger and a cart (there are actually two different carts). Does anyone have any experience with these???? Recommend or not? I know there are bags, but that doesn't solve my problem of where to put them.

I know there are also ways to attach the doors the the spare tire carrier, but I'm not interested in that right now.

Thanks
I cant see how thats good on the doors to be hanging from the window frame,

I usually just set my TJ doors against my work bench, with a piece of carpet on the floor.. Were going to buy the door bags for the JK, and put them in the same place..
Old 03-16-2007, 01:04 PM
JK Freak

I store mine in a 6x10 enclosed, carpeted trailer. I wouldn't reccomend going out and buying one just for that purpose. Yesterday I just propped then against the back porch. Of coasre it rained for about 2 hours before I got home to rehang them. Power stuff still works.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

you can try this, thread started out as bumpers but later changed to door hangers, pg 3. great idea I must say!

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showt...hlight=bumpers

Quick Reply: Jeep door Storage