Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep is paid off. WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Old 10-24-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Jeep is paid off. WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Bought my 08 in Dec of 07.

Took me a little longer because I had to recoup some losses elsewhere during those years (divorced, remarried, home loans, etc.... life kinda happened in those 6 years).

But it's paid for and I am officially 100% debt free and it feels great!!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Gonna keep it stock.

And I am not trading it in.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! I'm in the exact same boat. Bought mine in Dec. of 07 and just paid it off this month. Feels great and I can't wait to see the title in the mail.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

I wish but mine started burning oil badly and it's 2010, so time for a new one
Old 10-24-2013, 09:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats!

You should share the feeling with all these people posting threads about replacing their brand new, fully financed Jeeps with even more financed, newer Jeeps. Being Paid-in-full is the way to go, and I am well on my way to being there myself.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jk_sea
Congrats!

You should share the feeling with all these people posting threads about replacing their brand new, fully financed Jeeps with even more financed, newer Jeeps. Being Paid-in-full is the way to go, and I am well on my way to being there myself.
Agree 100% lol..

I'm in an opposite boat. I've been DROOLING over the JKUs since 2007.. Been waiting all these years, until I finally bought my '08 JKUR cash at the end of August.

Congrats, btw OP!! No car payment after all those years, will be nice.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jk_sea
Congrats!

Congrats on getting closer! I find that vehicles last much longer when you keep them stock, and I plan on keeping it as long as I can. Especially with that lifetime warranty. And my bone stock x (other than a 3rd row bench seat and trans drain plug) is more than capable for my off-road and towing needs.

I want to be one of those guys whose had his Jeep for 30 years as the original owner.

I think I will reward the Jeep with a refurbishing of some sort. The cloth material around the sound bar is totally destroyed from the sun, the bumpers are banged up from when my wife drives it, the tires are bald and need replacement, the seats are half corroded from a marine battery mishap a few years back, the fenders are falling off because my wife bangs into walls and garbage trucks, etc.

I think new tires should be first.

The great thing about Jeeps is that they are timeless. No matter the year, no matter the condition (most of the time), Jeeps are great. And the startling thing is that despite my Jeep needing about 10k of paint and seats and material and tires, the dealer is offering me $20k to trade it in!!! Jeeps somehow defy the laws of automotive depreciation.

My Jeep is officially mine!! And to me it looks much better in its trashed condition than a brand new 2014 looks because behind every imperfection is an incredible story. My Jeep is like its own story or something. And I don't want to start over. Does that make sense?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Nothing feels better than being debt free. Congrats!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by djlarroc
Agree 100% lol..

I'm in an opposite boat. I've been DROOLING over the JKUs since 2007.. Been waiting all these years, until I finally bought my '08 JKUR cash at the end of August.
Nice. That is of course the most intelligent way to purchase anything. Cash is always king.

You have more patience than most.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:15 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan99

Nice. That is of course the most intelligent way to purchase anything. Cash is always king.

You have more patience than most.
If those who just paid off their Jeeps kept making even half their previous car payment to an S&P 500 index fund for the next five or six years, keeping their current Jeep all that time, they could also get off the financing-a-vehicle treadmill, while having extra cash to spend now.

Quick Reply: Jeep is paid off. WOOOHOOOO!!!!