JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Jeep Staying in America (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/jeep-staying-america-252796/)

08HokieJK 10-30-2012 09:06 AM

Jeep Staying in America

From Chrysler's CEO

Chrysler CEO: Jeep Production Isn't Moving to China - NYTimes.com

bigmike17 10-30-2012 09:22 AM

Italy instead?

Who knows what to believe...maybe China...now it might move to Italy? AUTO BAILOUT BOMBSHELL: Fiat Says Chrysler, Jeep Production May Move to Italy | National Legal and Policy Center

:thinking:

scooby snacks 10-30-2012 09:35 AM

Got it from the horse's mouth... :rock:

spicoli 10-30-2012 11:33 AM

to believe everything you read on the web, is the same as believing everything.

Check the source and critically think at how reliable that source is.

I am shocked at how many "Jeep moving to China" threads were started in the last week or two. It is sad how easily people believe things, and the sources they were citing were not even backing up what they were believing. Muckraking. :sad2:

bigmike17 10-30-2012 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by spicoli (Post 3276303)
to believe everything you read on the web, is the same as believing everything.

Check the source and critically think at how reliable that source is.

I am shocked at how many "Jeep moving to China" threads were started in the last week or two. It is sad how easily people believe things, and the sources they were citing were not even backing up what they were believing. Muckraking. :sad2:

Hmmm...Bloomberg is a pretty reliable source...Jeep to build all model lines in China?

I personally don't believe either until I see more details from Chrysler or their parent company.

You might want to reconsider how critical you are of someone elses post considering the info appears to come from reliable sources.

spicoli 10-30-2012 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by bigmike17 (Post 3276402)
Hmmm...Bloomberg is a pretty reliable source...Jeep to build all model lines in China?

I personally don't believe either until I see more details from Chrysler or their parent company.

You might want to reconsider how critical you are of someone elses post considering the info appears to come from reliable sources.

From that article: The additional capacity would likely only augment Jeep's US output, not replace it.

bigmike17 10-30-2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by spicoli (Post 3276425)
From that article: The additional capacity would likely only augment Jeep's US output, not replace it.

Agree - was not addressing that piece...just your comments about reliable sources. I think we both agree overall. Time to move on. :beer:

Gort 10-30-2012 08:59 PM

Marchionne gives an interview that ignites a firestorm, then writes a blog article denying the whole thing.

Sounds to me like Marchionne is talking out of both sides of his mouth.