Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Warranty Issue

Old 09-26-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Warranty Issue

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with John Evans/Emmonds? He is a local business center rep for Chrysler.

Six weeks ago, the dealer replaced my broken front passenger u-joint. Three weeks later, it broke again, 25 miles down a forest service (maintained!) dirt road. This time it didn't make any noise, and by the time we realized it had failed again, it took out the other side as well, and damaged the yokes. Towed it back to the dealer where this warranty rep inspected it and said it's not covered under warranty because he says I "must've hit something" or "the lift put extra weight on the front axle." I don't even have 30k miles on my Jeep. I have been fighting Chrysler every day for three weeks, and it looks like I'm going to have to sue them.

I would love to be able to speak to this John guy and ask him how he came to this conclusion, and how he intends to prove it in court. I thought maybe someone might have his contact info they could share. I am being stonewalled at every turn by Chapman Dodge and Chrysler Corporate, and I'm on the brink of insanity!!

Thanks so much!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Per the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act they need proof that what they said actually caused that failure. So if you do sue i cant see them winning without proof
Old 09-26-2011, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The issue here is they have deeper pockets. They count on the fact that you are going to one of two things with your money, pay for the repair or pay for an attorney. Even though you will ikely win, they count on the fact that most people don't have the disposable income to hire an attorney or initiate a lawsuit. The insurance industry does the same thing.

Sorry to hear of your headache, hopefully someone will have a good directions for you to go.

Quick Reply: Jeep Warranty Issue