Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The jeep wave is dead

Old 09-27-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by finnd1
I still wave to every Jeep I see, even if I recognize it as one that doesn't wave back. The whole "looking right at me and not waving back" really bothers me. Less on a Jeep level and more on a humanity level. I mean, why the hell wouldn't you wave back at a person that is waving at you? Shit, I've had a female Prius driver get caught in the 'crossfire' of a wave between me and TJ, and you know what, she smiled and waved back.
Thats a good point! Being raised in the south it is a very common thing to wave at others on the road, nothing unusual about it. So I'm the same way when someone doesnt wave. I feel slightly offended and pissed.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
Only guys that wave down here are modded. I don't even look at the stock jeeps anymore or think about waving to them. What's the point? They really are not jeepers.
I have a stock jeep!! only thing on it is tinted lights and decals! no lift kit is available yet for my 2012! :( but mid-october i'll be running a 4 inch lift and 33-35 inch tires havent decided yet! so its not my fault!!! i keep the wave alive!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's the one I haven't figured out yet. If you find yourself behind another Jeep how do you wave to them other then making an unnecessary turn at a stoplight so you can pass them and wave as you go by? If you wave oncomming traffic thinks your waving at them and sometimes they wave back. I take the same routes daily and I have people waving to me now that are not in Jeeps. Stupid friendly people!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Langhorne
Here's the one I haven't figured out yet. If you find yourself behind another Jeep how do you wave to them other then making an unnecessary turn at a stoplight so you can pass them and wave as you go by? If you wave oncomming traffic thinks your waving at them and sometimes they wave back. I take the same routes daily and I have people waving to me now that are not in Jeeps. Stupid friendly people!
Lmao!!!!!!!! Everyone is waving over there huh? It's just "The Wave". But yea I have the same question. How do u wave at someone next to and behind at a stop light. Or is it just a head nod. AND what about at night. Do we flash them?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TrainerJuice
AND what about at night. Do we flash them?
HEY! Keep your clothes on, this is a family forum...
Old 09-28-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

and if you are in stop and go traffic for 60 minutes and you are each passing the other every two minutes or so . . . wave once then don't make eye contact?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Super Freak

and if you are in stop and go traffic for 60 minutes and you are each passing the other every two minutes or so . . . wave once then don't make eye contact?
I've had a conversation about mods with a guy in traffic...
Old 09-29-2011, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ronin K9

HEY! Keep your clothes on, this is a family forum...
Hahaha oops!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I still wave to every Jeep I see, even if I recognize it as one that doesn't wave back. The whole "looking right at me and not waving back" really bothers me. Less on a Jeep level and more on a humanity level. I mean, why the hell wouldn't you wave back at a person that is waving at you? Shit, I've had a female Prius driver get caught in the 'crossfire' of a wave between me and TJ, and you know what, she smiled and waved back.
I think I passed you the other day. My family & I were in my silver JKU we were turning left onto 29 from Vint Hill Rd & you were on 29 heading toward Gainesville. You were doorless and it sure looked like you - we waved, you waved!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by moalder
I think I passed you the other day. My family & I were in my silver JKU we were turning left onto 29 from Vint Hill Rd & you were on 29 heading toward Gainesville. You were doorless and it sure looked like you - we waved, you waved!
yup, you got me. I had to cave with the recent weather and put my top back on last week, but I REFUSE to put on my doors.

Quick Reply: The jeep wave is dead