Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The jeep wave is dead

Old 11-10-2011, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in upstate NY and can tell you that the wave is alive and well. The only ones that don't seem to wave back are older women

Everyone else does their part.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Batts65
I am in upstate NY and can tell you that the wave is alive and well. The only ones that don't seem to wave back are older women

Everyone else does their part.
Same gere. Upstate NY does its part. Had both a younger and older lady wave yesterday and all the guys always wave.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here in CA ill get a few waves, or people look at me stupid but when I drive downtown, i got flipped off a few times. Rougher crowd I guess.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DONKEY-PUNCH
Here in CA ill get a few waves, or people look at me stupid but when I drive downtown, i got flipped off a few times. Rougher crowd I guess.
Thats rough man ive never been flipped off by a fellow jeep driver, however, I have been ignored from my jeep wave many times.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check this out......w/in the past week I have gooten waves from a cherokee and 1 jk!! All other jk's I passed did not even ackgnowledge my wave.....just stared @ me!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

I'm in SW MO don't get jk waves but tj and yjs usually wave. Before I did any mods I got no waves what do ever. But I can't explain how pissed off I get when fellow jeepers don't wave...maybe they shouldn't b fellow jeepers
Old 11-11-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

I throw the wave out, if you want to wave back, great. If you do not, that is fine. I am sometimes in my own world driving so I wonder if I have ever snubbed a fellow jeep'r not even realizing they drove past. Have only had my JKU for a week so still getting used to this.

Another question is on the highway, yesterday a fellow jeeper passed me, I was going about 70, he must have been doing close to 80, as he passed me I looked over to wave and he did not even look over at me. Is it different if you are both going in the same direction
Old 11-11-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Newbie

NO, no! . . . . even as a complete newbie first-time Jeep owner, I can assure you that the "Wave" is not dead (at least not in Ocean County, NJ)

When I first started driving my Sahara, a couple of Jeep people waved at me, but I didn't understand. I've only had my Jeep for 6 days now, but I felt as if I were in a Jeep commercial today!

I'm not joking . . . there were a good 6-7 Jeep vehicles almost in a row along the same stretch of highway.

(It's funny, but you don't notice how many of the same brand of vehicles are out there until you buy one of them, eh?)

A woman in a yellow Wrangler waved at me, so I waved back . . . then as I was going along . . . I waved at people in Patriots, Libertys, and other Wranglers and flashed my lights at them. Some guys looked at me like I was nuts, but MOST of them waved back!

Wow! . . . one of the very MAJOR reasons I bought a Jeep was to support America . . . and American vehicle manufacturers, and it feels good to see so many other people out there!

I am SO glad I bought my Sahara . . . I feel like a kid again!

All best, Joe
Old 11-11-2011, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wasn't the Jeep wave started with the premises that the less modded Jeep should initiate the wave with the upmost respect to the CJ's. I always thought those were the "guidelines" to the wave. And aren't you supposed to get more excited with your wave the better the Jeep is worked. Nobody waves anymore. Oh well, I still do!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I recently moved back to Colorado Springs from the Columbus GA area. Now I used to live in Colorado Springs around 2.5 years ago. The Jeep Wave was alive and well when I left. And when I was down in GA (there are far less Jeeps there,) I would still get waves. Since I moved back to the Springs I almost never get the return wave. WTF?

Quick Reply: The jeep wave is dead