Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The jeep wave is dead

Old 09-10-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a moddified CJ7 and a 4 door stock rubicon and i get lots of waves in the CJ7 from other jeepers except stock 4 door JKs which i call the soccer mom syndrome even if it's a guy. In my 4 door stock rubicon i generally only get waves from modified older jeeps. So it kind of goes both ways with people waving or not, so i wave no matter what and smile because i'm just happy that i'm driving a jeep.

The culture of jeep has changed due to the explosion of 4 door wranglers because for once an open top jeep is convient so previous purchasers of grand cherokees now buy 4 door wranglers and i have never seen a stock grand cherokee wave to another stock grand cherokee and those are the people that have integrated into our topless jeep world.

But i will always wave to a jeep even if i'm in a sedan, and i do get weird looks for that but i don't care, and it's because i love open top jeeps, what it stands for, and what you can do with it
Old 09-10-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

If they are driving a jeep and they don't know about the jeep wave they don't belong in it... We can only hope at that point they are taking it to a dealership to be sold to someone who actually deserves the car. In chicago area I would get quite a few waves back but now that I'm down in Missouri I have only gotten one down here... there are a lot of jeeps too... I have to be associated with these uneducated stupid college kids.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ac1brooks
Yesterday was a beautiful day in Memphis. I drove the jeep to go run errands & must have seen at least 20 jeeps running around. I had the doors out, & as I passed each one I extended my arm out the side in an effort to say "hey" to my fellow jeepers. I had 1 person wave back. At least 12 of them were busy talking on the phone, 3 texting, & the rest were looking at me like I was an idiot. Finally I pulled up next to one guy at a red light & waved. He nodded at me. So I started waving my hand like my hand was on fire before I finally got him to wave back. For all those "non wavers" you can kiss my *ss. For the 1 guy who waved back thank you, & I'm not a mentally challenged.
i'm in memphis and it is pretty dead here... I blame the JKU tho, most JKU owners (excluding those here) just dont get it
Old 09-10-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Junkie

One guy told me after him not waving at the stoplight it was "homosexual" to wave at other jeeps because they told me jeeps were turning into an accessory especially the JKs among the homosexuals so I guess they started looking at other jeep owners mostly the JK as "homosexuals" so I figure some guys they feel like their masculinity is endagered if they wave at the "homosexual" in the JK.

Who cares they probably are jealous of our jeeps. So I have just been doing the half peace sign.

Last edited by matt852; 09-10-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

I like in buffalo and its 50/50 some do some don't its usually the people with the nice new stock jks and u wave and they just look at I as u drive by I had one time where I was driving and I waved and got nothing so the next jk I put my hand out the window real early and waved like a mad man and he waved back then I saw him again and he did the same with me it was funny
Old 09-10-2011, 08:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Brandon1024
If they are driving a jeep and they don't know about the jeep wave they don't belong in it...
Sure, sure, and only people who know an omaplata from a gogoplata can wear a tapout shirt.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by finnd1
Sure, sure, and only people who know an omaplata from a gogoplata can wear a tapout shirt.
Nice
Old 09-10-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not going to go around flipping every non waver off, I was just ranting. I also ride a motorcycle & still get a 90% wave/waveback ratio. I bought my jeep for the enjoyment of the ride. Top on or off, on/off road, doesn't matter I enjoy ride wherever I'm going. I guess the newer breed of jeep owners are too busy texting, making phone calls, or whatever it is they are doing, & need to just enjoy the ride. Maybe then Elvis & the jeep wave will come back from the grave.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

I think the long heat streak here was just pissing everybody off, it's finally been nice this week adn I've gotten more waves than I've seen in a while

I always wave, if they don't wave back oh well..
Old 09-10-2011, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its alive in south jersey. Nyc area not so much. Shiny stock JKU's never wave!

Quick Reply: The jeep wave is dead