Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The jeep wave is dead

Old 09-10-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wave is dead in south florida since the people are as friendly as al queda is to americans. I bought a jku and dont wave at all. when im driving in the jku, it doesnt have the jeep feel like my tj or jk... Also most jeeps in s. Florida are jku's that are stock with soccer moms or geriatric patients. i think the jku killed the wave.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmont
The wave is dead in south florida since the people are as friendly as al queda is to americans. I bought a jku and dont wave at all. when im driving in the jku, it doesnt have the jeep feel like my tj or jk... Also most jeeps in s. Florida are jku's that are stock with soccer moms or geriatric patients. i think the jku killed the wave.
I agree... I feel like an asshole when I wave And they dont wave back.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

I'm in Florida and I got three waves today. Not everyone waves, but a lot of people do.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

For some it never existed. Taught my 15 year old to wave to other Jeeps or he couldn't drive mine.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

i wave!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I feel that we as Jeep owners be it "fake" Jeepers aka stock jeeps or "real" Jeepers aka modded jeeps...that comment still cracks me up...need to educate people. I always talk to people about their Jeeps when I see them in a parking lot. Most are very excited to own a Jeep and I tell them about the wave and about this site. Some know about both and some don't. Lots are first time owners and may not know.

It if weren't for the JKU I wouldn't be an owner. I need the room for family.

Plus if Jeep never came out with new models or made it different the line would just die and they wouldn't make them. So some may say the JKU killed the wave and the Wrangler in general but by the numbers I see on the road I would say Jeeps are still alive and kicking. Those that don't like the ride will soon move on to other SUVs but those that love the look and feel will embrace and keep them.

Sure I don't have money to to mod mine yet but it will happen. I still pop the doors off and put the top down and cruise. I did it yesterday and took the family cruising to see the flood damage around my hometown. We got lots of looks as we were cruising...maybe they were saying "Look at that fake Jeeper he's not even modded." But I'm sure it was just jealousy they they couldn't pop the doors off of their Camarys and Accords.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by htweelz
Well I feel that we as Jeep owners be it "fake" Jeepers aka stock jeeps or "real" Jeepers aka modded jeeps...that comment still cracks me up...need to educate people. I always talk to people about their Jeeps when I see them in a parking lot. Most are very excited to own a Jeep and I tell them about the wave and about this site. Some know about both and some don't. Lots are first time owners and may not know.

It if weren't for the JKU I wouldn't be an owner. I need the room for family.

Plus if Jeep never came out with new models or made it different the line would just die and they wouldn't make them. So some may say the JKU killed the wave and the Wrangler in general but by the numbers I see on the road I would say Jeeps are still alive and kicking. Those that don't like the ride will soon move on to other SUVs but those that love the look and feel will embrace and keep them.

Sure I don't have money to to mod mine yet but it will happen. I still pop the doors off and put the top down and cruise. I did it yesterday and took the family cruising to see the flood damage around my hometown. We got lots of looks as we were cruising...maybe they were saying "Look at that fake Jeeper he's not even modded." But I'm sure it was just jealousy they they couldn't pop the doors off of their Camarys and Accords.
That's well said. I think it's great to own a stock Jeep if it's a Rubi or Sahara. They're so well appointed - the JKU Sahara especially which looks like an Escalade compared to the 2dr JK Sport - that it's wise not to do anything to them.

I truly think modders should start with a base sport anyway. Why buy a Sahara just to get rid if the colored fenders, leave the matching hard top in the garage during wheeling trips or dirty up the pretty leather and full auto interior?

But I digress. Back to topic: the wave is alive and well in Metro Detroit as well. Lots of waves from stockers to TJ's to crazy modded Rubis.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

The wave is very much alive in texas
Old 09-11-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepmedic308
The wave is very much alive in texas
Agreed. When i went to Texas a couple weeks ago to see family damn near every Jeep i saw waved. Too bad it aint the same here.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by moalder
I'm waving at the Jeep NOT the driver. I pay homage to the JEEP and wave at every one. Not all Jeep drivers are Jeepers and some Jeepers are douche bags so I wave at the JEEP itself - that way I'm happy regardless!
Thats pretty cool to look at it that way!

Quick Reply: The jeep wave is dead