Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The jeep wave is dead

Old 11-02-2013, 08:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Changing Gears
And then wave at the next one

Attachment 509384
EVERYONE please post this on Facebook...

Matthew
Old 11-02-2013, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

Personally I don't care what mods you have or wether you have 37's and a lift kit
Old 11-02-2013, 02:30 PM
JK Newbie

I wave at all JK's
Old 11-02-2013, 02:37 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jangler
I wave at all JK's
i don't care if its a soccer mom, or the coolest CJ i've ever seen, i always wave

the few killer CJ's i've seen are usually at Jamborees, there they wave, back at home they wave back 1/2 the time

i must have too much spare time because i want to find a way to educate folks who don't know

definitely going to ask my dealer if they tell folks

matthew
Old 11-02-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wave at all wranglers. I even catch myself doing it when not in mine.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BLACKJacK
I wave at all wranglers. I even catch myself doing it when not in mine.
My JK has been the shop since Monday morning so I've been driving my wife's outback wagon, and I keep reaching towards the center of the dash to control winds and have almost waved at a bunch of jeeps!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Maertz
Works for me lol. But the jks have terrible ground clearance and i hate all the new electrical. Also the engine area is cramped. They are easier to stretch imo but thats it. A yj with a tummy tuck and 35s on a 4 inch lift has 4" more clearance than a jk on 35's and a 4 inch lift.. That's a big amount of clearance difference off roading...
I've seen quite a few YJ's for sale lately. I'm sure you could pick one up for a good price. Then you won't have to be stuck in the middle of the JK craze anymore...

Just trying to be helpful.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

I say the wave is not dead!! Unfortunately. there is a severe lack of it where I live, probably a lot to do with all the spoiled brats who's Daddy's buy them a new 4 door and they have no clue what they're even driving lol but I wave to every Wrangler, all the time anyway. If they don't wave back, oh well. And if they do, they appreciate it! The TJ video when I bought mine came with something about the Jeep wave and unfortunately the JK's did not, but just keep it going! Those of us who do it are the only ones who seem to appreciate it anyway!
Old 11-02-2013, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Drofen
I've seen quite a few YJ's for sale lately. I'm sure you could pick one up for a good price. Then you won't have to be stuck in the middle of the JK craze anymore...

Just trying to be helpful.
I figure if you don't like JK's don't buy one, or trade it in for something else like a Toyota FJ

Matthew
Old 11-02-2013, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

I didn't ask my dealer about the wave I'd almost bet he doesn't know about it. I know more about my jk than they did at the lot. I've been waving and smiling thru 3 TJs and 2 JKs and will continue the tradition whether modded or not. I believe I have educated at least 3 JKs here by my constant waving. They now throw it up before I do!!

Quick Reply: The jeep wave is dead