Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The jeep wave is dead

Old 08-04-2014, 05:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the Harrisburg area and I get maybe 30% wave backs. It is what it is!

I think it's hilarious though that my girlfriend gets super excited anytime someone waves at me, and gets legitimately upset if they don't return a wave. How dare they!?
Old 08-05-2014, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3043804132.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	569744 The wave is still alive in Nova Scotia Canada! My wife and I just returned from a road trip from Baltimore Maryland to Nova Scotia. We traveled 2765 miles not including a round trip on a ferry that was 420 miles. I must say that the Nova Scotia Jeepers wave 80% of the time. I believe that this high percentage of wavers has allot to do with the fact that the temperature were cool enough to drive with your top off and windows down giving both is and them better visibility. Also a lot of the roads are two lanes. At home in Baltimore and in other state we passed through the temps were hotter and more drivers had the windows up and tops on and our fast pace of life doesn't help the situation. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1205370641.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	569743 Anyone interested in a beautiful place to take your Jeep Nova Scotia should be on your list. They offer both on road and off road site seeing that include but are not limited to Bald Eagles ,moose , bears ,whale watching , deer , water front cliffs , water falls , quaint fishing villages , superb seafood , and very nice people.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3285701968.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	569746

There is a Nova Scotia Jeep Club that you can locate on the internet. They are willing to help with information in their area and also can provide information on off road trails in Nova Scotia. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-344182167.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	569745

Last edited by Ron L.; 08-05-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here in Kansas the wave is very alive. However, when I'm in Colorado I rarely get a wave. When I do get a wave back it's almost always from an out of state plate. Don't know if the colorado folks just get tired of waving all the time.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

I'm from California and I hate the jeep wave!! I also ride a Harley and they do it as well! I think that's why I dislike it I can't go anywhere without waving to some other guy. I do participate if I get a wave cause I don't wanna leave anybody hanging.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:26 AM
JK Newbie

Here is upstate NY the wave is alive and well. At least 80% wave! That's a great part of owning a Wrangler. We were in Mass and Maine a few weeks ago and there were Wranglers everywhere. Unfortunately we only had two waves.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

the wave is dead here in Houston. i would say it's @ about 10% return rate.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's about 70/30 here in SC in favor of the wave.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's hit and miss around here, but probably 50/50

Sent from my iPhone 5s
Old 09-24-2014, 12:48 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wave Not, Want Not

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
Only guys that wave down here are modded. I don't even look at the stock jeeps anymore or think about waving to them. What's the point? They really are not jeepers.
here is part of reason why the wave is dead.. and although I've been biting my tongue on this.. there are too many divisions within the jeep world.. My jeep is better than your, my jeep is muddier than yours and dare I say it.. it's a race related issue.. Got my first African American jeep owner to wave at me yesterday.. even when he was on the cell and driving in Maryland..

When we wave.. it's not the namby pamby two fingers.. it out the window in your face, especially when the doors are off.. thou I have been going the Harley type wave or join doing a simi point.

At one point when I see a jeeper coming up from behind.. and is getting ready to pass I make an effort to wave even if I didn't see them wave back.. but this last time, The guy the Yellow jeep nearly bent over backward waving out the rear passenger side window.. His wife was like "watch where you're going!".. Not only do we have divisions within ourselves.. but within the forums.

When someone buys a jeep from a used car lot, the salesmen are not required to inform those buy about history and heritage of the wave, thus it's lost over time.. I think one JKforum member said it best: "I wave at the jeep, not the driver" and I've adopted this theory.

Lastly, we've taken several trips over these last 2 years and were keeping a total of waves received but lost count after about 350+ jeep passed on the Highway.. So far our 2 year total, 25 waves and most of these where upon entering Maryland after our vacation.. And as the topic states, the wave is dead.

Last edited by AngryRedBird; 09-24-2014 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A guy stopped next to me at a red light.
He waved and smiled, and couldn't get his eyes off my Jeep.
I waved and smiled back.

Oops... almost forgot to mention... he was in a Toyota Land Cruiser...

Quick Reply: The jeep wave is dead