Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Who stopped the wave?
JK owners
14.49%
Women
46.96%
Non-JK'ers
19.71%
Bush
28.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep Wave Killers!!! (imo)

Old 06-29-2007, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Wave Killers!!! (imo)

I have a feeling that I am soooooooo going to regret writing this.... But here it goes!!

I've been waving my little arms off at every Wrangler within view. Wait.... Let me back track a second. I've read the other threads on this subject. I've seen the different opinions on how we don't get a wave just because we have a JK. I have to tell ya, that hasn't been my experiece AT ALL! I've gotten the wave by every model made that I've seen so far since my purchase. SO back on track... I even have my kids doing the wave just in case I miss one (gotta have someone watching your back). Anyway, to get to the point here... I have gotten the wave back from %95 of all the guys I've waved to. %0 of gals.......... I swear !!! I'd say %30 of waves are to women too. Still no wave back. So in short this is what I'm saying... Women are the wave killers... At least around here. Am I alone on this???

Last edited by bOLsAK=3; 06-29-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

It seems the only time I don't get a wave back is if the other driver doesn't notice. Are you saying they should automatically wave? In other words (here comes a big one), simultaneously?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Okay well I have driven more than since the last time this topic was discussed. I think it is two branches killing the wave. The yuppies who don't know, don't care they bought it to look cool and the die hards who have a my jeep is better than yours autitude. The rest of us find ourselves in a slowly diminishing minority of folks who wave because it's tradition but are getting fed up with the lack of responses. Sooner or later the wave will die if not from people just not caring it will be people who get tired of those who do not care. I personally plan to pospone that death as long as I can and I try to promote the wave everywhere I can to the extent of actually aproaching new owners and telling them about it.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Bush the Band?
Old 06-29-2007, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

It must be a regional thing. Here in the east TN area, especially Knoxville, everyone seems to wave. I initiate the wave some times, others initiate it the rest of the time (even cj and tj owners).

Seems to be one big happy Jeep family around here.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:52 AM
HEK
JK Freak

I don't think women don't wave back, I think young girls don't but adult women seem to wave or wave before I wave....and in general I notice that 98% of the folks here in New England go out of their way to wave...even if I'm pulling out of my driveway and someone in a Jeep goes by, they even honk....
Old 06-30-2007, 04:31 AM
JK Freak

I got 3 consecutive waves last night from other Wranglers in the span of about 35 seconds. All non-JKs.

I waved at a woman driving a Wrangler, she was too busy on the cell phone to notice. Another guy just looked with a dumbfounded look on his face.

Trending Topics

Old 06-30-2007, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

All I know is I don't want to be the guy that doesn't wave!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

I always wave. Some drivers just "don't understand".
Old 06-30-2007, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ImmortalityLTD
I try to wave at every CJ/YJ/TJ/JK I see, but it seems like the JK (especially hard tops) has drawn an older crowd who don't seem to know about the Jeep wave. I wave anyway, maybe someday they'll get it.
I guess I'm in the older crowd. I have a JK 4-door and I'm 51 but I do wave all the time. My wife and I have had Jeeps since 1997 so I learned early about the wave.

My wife never initiates the wave but she'll wave back. I asked her why and she said that if she's by herself she doesn't want to create a situation where she is confronted by some guy who thought the wave was more than just a Jeep thing.

Here in Texas when you go to the smaller towns I find everyone waving to everybody. Smaller towns seem to be more friendly. In San Antonio, where I live, most vehicles have their windows tinted because of the heat and those people are hard to see in other JKs or CJs, YJs, and TJs.

Quick Reply: Jeep Wave Killers!!! (imo)