Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

how to deal with 4wheel parts?

Old 05-09-2010, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 wheel parts sucks.

After spending a good deal of money for them to fix the alignment and the little wobble i had after installing a lift they told me all was good with it was safe to drive. Bull S@#T!!!! It drives OK on a perfectly flat road with no bumps on it. And after driving down to my moms house for mothers day i found out that it is dawn near impossible to drive on the interstate. In 2 miles of road i had to stop three times to get it to quit shaking and almost took out a guy on a motorcycle.

HELP!!
I'm sure its messed up more from the near death interstate trip.
Should give them another shot to fix it. I'm sure as hell not going to pay them any more money. I'm already $350 deep in just the alignment.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

take it back .talk to the manager..complain .thats alot of money for a alignment...i had this happen to me with a lift i placed on my tj..it was a bad monotube shock...i had it aligned twice and as soon as i drove over 55 miles an hour it would shake bad...took the shocks off and found that one of the front shocks was bad...replaced it and it never shook again...also check for a bad ball joint...

Last edited by JKNIGHT; 05-09-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Did they install the lift? Or just do the alignment? What are the specs from the sheet they gave you?

Which lift/components do you have? (a way to adjust your caster?)

There are numerous threads on DW, browse through a few of them for plenty of tips on what to check. You should also read through this one:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment
Old 05-09-2010, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re: 4 wheel parts sucks.

I would start off nice with one of the managers, and only get mean if that doesn't work. I would tell them you have serious safety concerns. They probably don't want to be liable for an accident, injury or death. Remember be nice until time when/if that doesn't work, then come down on them like the plague. Of course I have a family full of Attorneys so that always helps. Good luck

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: how to deal with 4wheel parts?