Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Winter Cover

Old 11-13-2008, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum, I have lived in the snow and ice from Alaska to Montana and have never used a cover and never will; they will rub the paint and destroy them selfs on a windy day, and freeze to the jeep on a cold and wet days. If it is going to be parked for the winter wash it and apply a good coat of wax. JMO
Old 11-14-2008, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No cover.
Jeeps like weather, it turns them on. Nothing better than a hot and bothered Jeep on a frosty winter morning.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by derff96963
I think we are thinking the same way. If the weather is bad I will most likely be driving my jeep if I go anywhere. I bet it would be a pain to take the cover off with snow and ice all over it.

I personally only use a cover if I am not going to be driving the vehicle very often.
i 2nd that.....sounds like a pain to take it off when it is covered with the white stuff. Just get a remote start and warm it up beforehand so the snow and ice melts off of it.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default No Cover

You guys are great, no cover now for me, I didn't know that they freeze to the car, will be waxing this weekend !
Old 11-22-2008, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Good choice

Quick Reply: Jeep Winter Cover