Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Wrangler Salute

Old 01-18-2018, 01:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wranglers are so common around here you have to basically drive with one hand up constantly to wave at all of them.

I find that nobody waves at commute time. It's all about when and where.

Generally the women who don't wave are the 95%+ of female Wrangler drivers for whom the vehicle is just a "tough looking SUV" and they use it to tote their kids to school and cheer practice or whatever. They have no clue about the wave. The other 5% of female Wrangler drivers wave.

I typically don't wave to the obvious suburban mall crawlers with every shiny rock-crawling-looking accessory including "angry eyes" and halo headlights and 35" tires. But I'll wave at Wrangler drivers if it looks like they didn't buy a Jeep just to boost their ego or feel tough. That's about half of them. They almost always wave back as long as it's not during commute time or rush hour.

Funny thing is my other vehicle is a motorcycle and those guys routinely wave all the time no matter what. However, it's basically verboten to wave while commuting on a MC around here. I find myself tempted to wave at Wranglers when I am on my motorcycle.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm fascinated that there are so many threads over the years on every single Jeep forum on this subject, and how passionate people are about waving and feel the need to let the world know what their threshold is for waving. Even breaking it down to who waves first and what it takes for a return wave. I've been a Jeep owner for 20 years and I think it's dumb and I don't wave ever...unless I know you.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fromme
I'm fascinated that there are so many threads over the years on every single Jeep forum on this subject, and how passionate people are about waving and feel the need to let the world know what their threshold is for waving. Even breaking it down to who waves first and what it takes for a return wave. I've been a Jeep owner for 20 years and I think it's dumb and I don't wave ever...unless I know you.
The dude abides....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	d7d.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	676943  
Old 02-02-2018, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree about women Jeepers, but some around here seem to have been converted to The Wave.

True, there are days when people must think I'm swatting at flies - there are so many JEEPS here. My favorites are people in brand new JEEPS who wave with such excitement over having joined the club. I'd like to feel like that, and if my wave helps other people enjoy their day - I'm delighted to wave. It doesn't cost a thing!

Quick Reply: Jeep Wrangler Salute