JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   The Jeep (Wrangler) Wave (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/jeep-wrangler-wave-338461/)

SilverJeepAdventures 11-21-2016 05:34 AM

The Jeep (Wrangler) Wave

I've had my Jeep for a little over 4 months and love every minute of it. Since owning my Jeep I've come to realize there isn't just one way other Jeepers wave to each other. I've gotten the standard three finger wave, the three finger wave out the window/door, the full hand wave, the hover wave where they wave with a hand off the wheel, I've gotten a fist bump, a head nod, two handed wave on the wheel and I've even gotten a night wave which was a special moment. So I guess what I want to know is how many different ways have you been waved at?

doc5339 11-21-2016 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by SilverJeepAdventures (Post 4258323)
I've had my Jeep for a little over 4 months and love every minute of it. Since owning my Jeep I've come to realize there isn't just one way other Jeepers wave to each other. I've gotten the standard three finger wave, the three finger wave out the window/door, the full hand wave, the hover wave where they wave with a hand off the wheel, I've gotten a fist bump, a head nod, two handed wave on the wheel and I've even gotten a night wave which was a special moment. So I guess what I want to know is how many different ways have you been waved at?

Two-finger "pope" style wave is my jam.

Gman*2007 11-21-2016 08:58 AM

All are acceptable but beware of the one finger wave. Lol

Cutman 11-21-2016 11:15 AM

Had em all twice. It hurts being snubbed.

SilverJeepAdventures 11-21-2016 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cutman (Post 4258399)
Had em all twice. It hurts being snubbed.

it really does! Like wft? Lol

sinsitizen 11-25-2016 10:46 AM

I do the 2 finger and sometimes the whole hand wave.

dahreno 11-25-2016 11:23 AM

I read in a 4w. d. mag. years ago about a Jeep wave hierarchy. It was about what kind of Jeep you have depends on how you wave. If you drive a Military flat fender, you don't need to wave to others. If you see a flatty, you must wave enthusiastically. It went on and on. It seems those with a new Jeep are at the bottom of the totem pole of Jeep waving hierarchy.

CrnCnn2005 11-25-2016 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by dahreno (Post 4259049)
I read in a 4w. d. mag. years ago about a Jeep wave hierarchy. It was about what kind of Jeep you have depends on how you wave. If you drive a Military flat fender, you don't need to wave to others. If you see a flatty, you must wave enthusiastically. It went on and on. It seems those with a new Jeep are at the bottom of the totem pole of Jeep waving hierarchy.

So what if I tow my '46 2A with my '16 JKU? Hahaha.

Mark Doiron 11-26-2016 12:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I wave enthusiastically, usually with some semblance of the two finger V for victory, to every Jeep I see. Modded, unmodded, dirty, clean, new, old, beat up, pristine. There is no hierarchy, as far as I'm concerned, since most of that is written tongue-in-cheek anyway. I also wave enthusiastically to folks in other brands of vehicles that are built for overlanding (usually the snorkel is a dead giveaway). I don't pay much attention to whether they return the wave or not. If they do, I've rendered my fellowship and respect already. If they don't, they can get no satisfaction in having snubbed me for I really wasn't looking out for that. But if I do happen to catch them snubbing me I just laugh it off. When the JL comes out, I will continue to wave first. It is pretty rare when someone beats me to the wave, but I'm always delighted when they do.

Lost somewhere north of the Arctic Circle ...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/atta...p;d=1471242011

Attachment 661631

Lorrel 11-26-2016 04:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here in Lancaster Pa. there are quite a few jeepers, and most Wrangler drivers wave. I normally use the 2 ffinger V wave, but I have noticed when the wife is driving she gets alot more waves than I do.
Attachment 661650
Hmmmmmm wonder why that is???