Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jk 2011 squeak when slightly breaking and going over bumps

Old 09-17-2017, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jk 2011 squeak when slightly breaking and going over bumps

Ok guys this is driving me nuts. I have a 2011 JK Sport. 4" rough country lift. I just replaced the shocks, brakes, ball joints, wheel bearings, complete master bushing set, added dual front stabilizer. And had alignment done. It's still squeaks. It's literally to the point where Im about to give up on this thing. I've shaken the muffler and no squeaks. I've smacked the muffler to check heat shields and cannot replicate. At 30 miles and under I can tap the brakes and make it squeak sometimes. I'm thinking it might be a couple things if the muffler is hitting the hart shield, how do I make it stop? I'm just at a loss.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Things like this are typically tricky to track down, especially when we can't hear the noise ourselves. A couple things. You describe it as a squeak, but then talk about muffler hitting heat shield and such. Heat shield issues are typically more of a rattle. Can you narrow things down a bit in regards to general location of the noise? Squeak or rattle? Is it tied to rotation of the tires at all? Does it happen when on flat ground, or is it suspension related like going over bumps, body rolling, or tires getting a bit off camber? Typically not as easy to catch on video, but if possible, sometimes that helps so others can at least hear it. Any thoughts on why it doesn't happen over 30 mph? Possible it's still happening but you just can't hear it due to other noises? Can you hear it with top on/windows up, or is this just noticeable with windows down or the top off?

Quick Reply: Jk 2011 squeak when slightly breaking and going over bumps