JK manual transmission issue or clutch? - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK manual transmission issue or clutch?

Old 03-17-2019, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Default JK manual transmission issue or clutch?

Ok, so here is what happened the best way I can describe it,
I was driving my 2007 Unlimited X 6speed manual and everything was fine. Drove on the highway for about an hour, then on some main streets for about 15 minutes. I was slowing down to get ready to make a turn onto a side street and it felt like the Jeep jumped out of gear. I pushed the clutch in and put it back into gear but nothing but some grinding noise.
I dont get any force moving forward in any gear including reverse. Shifting the 4 wheel drive system doesnt make a difference either. The grinding noise sounds the same in any gear. Noise will go away in a few seconds when the clutch is depressed.
Could the clutch have blown up or did the transmission give up the ghost?
Old 03-17-2019, 12:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Could be either the trans or the clutch. Regardless, both the trans and clutch have to be removed. Once removed, the problem should be obvious.

Stay in touch

Quick Reply: JK manual transmission issue or clutch?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: