Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lee totaled my JK

Old 09-14-2011, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad to hear people are safe. hope I'll be so calm if something like that happens to me.

pull the plugs and check for silt is my only addition.

heres a funny video, not a jeep, but close.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can't say enough good things about my insurance agent. We've got the jeep insured through Cincinnati. They were out on Tuesday. Should hear from them before the end of the week with some numbers. Luckily my agent put comprehensive through progressive on my '07 and '08 Yamaha Wolverines. They both had water up to the handle bars. They are going to pay out basically what we paid new for both quads and we will retain them. they even covered the aftermarket skid pates, wheels, and tires. Doesn't look like water got to the cylinders, but going to change all the fluids and service them. My husqvarna tractor has ome water in the intake. Gotta get that sorted out. No insurance on it.

A lot of this post might be pointless, but it's a good place for me to vent.

Last edited by StoneMill; 09-14-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rough times!!

Originally Posted by StoneMill
I can't say enough good things about my insurance agent. We've got the jeep insured through Cincinnati. They were out on Tuesday. Should hear from them before the end of the week with some numbers. Luckily my agent put comprehensive through progressive on my '07 and '08 Yamaha Wolverines. They both had water up to the handle bars. They are going to pay out basically what we paid new for both quads and we will retain them. they even covered the aftermarket skid pates, wheels, and tires. Doesn't look like water got to the cylinders, but going to change all the fluids and service them. My husqvarna tractor has ome water in the intake. Gotta get that sorted out. No insurance on it.

A lot of this post might be pointless, but it's a good place for me to vent.

Sounds liek you have had a really rough time lately, where abouts are you from? ive never had a flood at my place and dont know what its like, but i know it would suck.

i know im not the only one wondering this, but do you have any pictures on here of your toys and jeeps?

I hope everything gets sorted out for ya soon, BEST of luck buddy!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will have pics up of the damage. I'm in Lancaster County PA. Close to Hershey. People that have lived here through many hurricanes say this was the worst they ever saw as far as flooding.

I'll have pics up eventually. I've been trying to document pretty well. Tough when concentrating on cleanup.

Got all the fluids in my jk changed today except for the tranny. My grinders got flooded out so I couldn't make a tool to get the drain plug out. Whoever decided to place it where they did must have been hungover that day.

Quick Reply: Lee totaled my JK