JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Lifetime Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty for '08? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/lifetime-bumper-bumper-warranty-08-a-19988/)

MileHighAko 11-08-2007 06:28 AM

Lifetime Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty for '08?

So I knew about the lifetime powertrain warranty, but I purchased an '08 Dodge Caravan yesterday (very nice compiment to my JK), and with it I was able to purchase a LIFETIME bumper-to-bumper warranty. I told the dealer I didn't believe him at first, but he showed me the docs, wrote up the contract, etc. Basically they're telling me my new minivan is going to live FOREVER.

Are the offering this on the '08+ JKs? I wish I could have gotten something like that on my '07. Dealer told me he wasn't sure how long Chrysler is going to offer it, and yes it is Chrysler and not an aftermarket.

Cool stuff.

tgrt 11-08-2007 06:38 AM

Minivan? You admitted to buying one of those things? :D Seriously, I wouldn't mind if my wife had one for the convenience sure would be cheaper than the Exploder. She doesn't like minivans; and I offered to buy her an Unlimited, but she didn't want that either. Women are difficult.

gifford888 11-08-2007 06:41 AM

I agree -- dump the minivan :sad2:

MileHighAko 11-08-2007 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by gifford888 (Post 228842)
I agree -- dump the minivan :sad2:

LOL. You guys make me laugh. 4-kids. That should say it. Besides, I got tired of my wife driving my JK. :bleh: Until you drive accross country with wife, 4 kids, and a dog in a decked out caravan, you'll never understand. Let me drive the JK. Let the family take the family van.

Ted_Grevers 11-08-2007 07:34 AM

I purchased this warranty for my 08 4 door Sahara. My previous Jeep was an 87 YJ, and I had it up until 6 months ago. My intentions are that my JK become my daughter's car in 10 years, when she turns 16. So, I opted for this, because of the nature of the MyGig, and normal wear items such as bearings and axle repair that this warranty will address. If you read the fine print, towing, a rental car, and travel disruption reimbursement all apply only to 100k, but the warranty for everything else remains throughout- as long as you meet the needed 5 year inspections.

-t

joetter 11-08-2007 08:03 AM

How much does it cost though?

MileHighAko 11-08-2007 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by joetter (Post 228923)
How much does it cost though?

I paid 2k, which is the same I paid for the extended warranty on my JK.

Lucas718 11-08-2007 10:25 AM

I also got the lifetime bumper to bumper, just in case any of those problems I've been reading about happen to rear their ugly heads. Cost was about $2300

ez__rider 11-08-2007 10:28 AM

I got offered one for 7years/100k ($1900 I think?), but I heard the cost is lower if you wait to buy it later on. and since my next 3 years is covered anyhow, why buy now?

seer1 11-08-2007 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by MileHighAko (Post 228815)
So I knew about the lifetime powertrain warranty, but I purchased an '08 Dodge Caravan yesterday (very nice compiment to my JK), and with it I was able to purchase a LIFETIME bumper-to-bumper warranty. I told the dealer I didn't believe him at first, but he showed me the docs, wrote up the contract, etc. Basically they're telling me my new minivan is going to live FOREVER.

Are the offering this on the '08+ JKs? I wish I could have gotten something like that on my '07. Dealer told me he wasn't sure how long Chrysler is going to offer it, and yes it is Chrysler and not an aftermarket.

Cool stuff.

Do the side door windows open on those? Always hated that they haven't in the past.

MileHighAko 11-11-2007 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by seer1 (Post 229089)
Do the side door windows open on those? Always hated that they haven't in the past.

Yes, the side door windows go down. Let me say this, the '08 Grand Caravan is fantastic (and yes, I know it is a minivan). We got one with the swivel seats, table, tail-gate seats in the rear, dual dvd, sat radio and sat TV, etc. etc. It is pretty amazing to be honest. With a mess of kids, long road trips should be mighty comfortable in this thing.

Of course, I still love my JK more. :D I wish I could have gotten the lifetime warranty on the JK. I don't plan on having the minivan for more than 5-6 years, but I expect to have the JK for a very long time.

tkob1060 11-12-2007 10:10 AM

just curious if the lifetime is transferable? Not that I ever plan to sell my Jeep

tkob1060 11-12-2007 12:15 PM

ok I should have been more clear, I was wondering if the lifetime bumper to bumper that people are paying 2000extra for is transferable, I know the standard powertrain one isnt

ibjeepr 11-15-2007 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by tkob1060 (Post 232760)
ok I should have been more clear, I was wondering if the lifetime bumper to bumper that people are paying 2000extra for is transferable, I know the standard powertrain one isnt

The Lifetime bumper-to-bumber warranty (aka wrap warranty) is non-transferable same as the powertrain that comes with it. My dealer told me mine would be $2700 on my 2dr Sahara but since I'm leasing i figured i'd wait to see if i buy it in the end.

nathanstl 11-20-2007 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by MileHighAko (Post 228815)

Cool stuff.

You should still be able to. I know you can go in and upgrade your 3/36 powertrain to the bumper to bumper even if you bought your vehicle before they released that warranty. You can do this on all 06+ Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles as long as you are the original owner. Cost was only $750 for the first few months after they announced the lifetime waranties, but I think that was only for 60 days. Probably 1000-1200 now. Once you did this I think you would be able to upgrade to the bumper to bumper lifetime. I can check tomorrow to be sure about all of this if you guys are interested.

Timdelta 11-20-2007 03:32 PM

the lifetime waranties come in a couple of flavors. one has a zero deductable, the most common is a $100 deductable. I got the $100 deductable for $1560. The dealer told me his cost is about $1350. It is bumper to bumper and not transferable. google can find lots of mopar waranties and start pestering the dealer. one dealer in NJ had the best deal and thats when I ended up with the $1560 price.

Z-Man 11-20-2007 05:28 PM

Any idea where to find out more information ont his? I was poking around the Jeep site, and couldn't find anything. Anyone have the document they can scan in and share?

Thanks

joe002 11-20-2007 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Z-Man (Post 240608)
Any idea where to find out more information ont his?

Z-Man - try searching for "Daimler Chrysler Maximum Care Service Contracts".

Z-Man 11-20-2007 06:08 PM

Cool, trying that now, thx!

eaglemikeo 11-21-2007 06:10 AM

If my dealership is offering the bumper to bumper...

I've Got A 2007 JK For Sale, Sahara, Unlimited

joe002 11-21-2007 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by N2rock (Post 240917)
hmmmm... I just tried that and got a few websites. But none of them say anything about bumper to bumper or lifetime...

N2rock - yeah, a lot of places are selling it, and some are only close. The correct place should offer “Maximum Care” with a Lifetime term. Here's an example of a good site that itemizes all of the parts that are covered and can quote you on a Lifetime Maximum Care package. I’m not specifically recommending this place (haven’t bought the warranty myself yet), but I think the site does provide you with the answers to all of your questions.

joe002 11-22-2007 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by N2rock (Post 241759)
Thanks for the link. The site itself does not say anything about "lifetime" under the Maximum Care. But when I filled out the form for a quote, it offered the Lifetime option.

Right, first get the quote - select Lifetime. Then select the Maximum Care link (on the left) to see what's included.

I know there are other sites that are available. You just need to make sure it's backed by Chrysler, and it's "Maximum Care" with a "Lifetime" term.

Qind 02-04-2019 10:07 AM

Only thing I found is lifetime is defined by Chrysler.....if they deam your car repair is worth more than vehicle , they can get out of repair and just give you the “value” of repair... so it’s a great warranty but they will not be replacing a motor at 350,0000 miles on 12 year old Jeep. Least that’s what I was told on mine after I signed up. ( still have it on my Jk, I purchased it right at factory warranty end)

rob_engineer 02-04-2019 11:50 AM

I just used my lifetime maxcare for the first time last week on my 2012 with 106,000 miles to replace the starter. One thing to note is that they can add up all of the repairs over the life of the warranty. If the sum of the repairs is more than the retail value of the Jeep they can stop honoring the warranty. I caution the readers: the lifetime maxcare warranty is not the same as the lifetime warranty that came standard with the Chrysler products during the years where they were trying to prop up the public's confidence with the warranty. That warranty requires an inspection every 5 years or the warranty will be void. The lifetime maxcare that I bought does not have that requirement.