Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lift?

Old 04-24-2016, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after hearing everyone opinions, and thank you all, I think I like the idea of putting on 35X12.5 with 17 rims and flat fenders. Now to figure out what tire/rim combo I like & type of flat fenders to go with. I'm open to suggestions...

Last edited by Panthro1810; 04-24-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Panthro1810
So after hearing everyone opinions, and thank you all, I think I like the idea of putting on 35X12.5 with 17 rims and flat fenders. Now to figure out what tire/rim combo I like & type of flat fenders to go with.
I'm open to suggestions.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Where did I make that statement?

Are those the 285 70/R17 E tires you have listed in your profile?
Yes my buddy, they are. the rears are 265 winter tires. Ok, I misunderstood you too in the weight thing. Yes, weight makes a big difference in tires. I know that different tires weigh in different...but heavier is slower, more taxing on your rigs etc.

btw, I am not jealous of yours or anyone else's rigs here. Sorry. My rig works fine for me, and 90% of people running massive shit here too I bet. I am just fine with my teraflex spacer lift, and Monroe shocks as they work. REALLY good I might add. Just because YOU don't think they are any good does not mean they are not. There is no rock crawling type terrain here unless you live on the east coast of the Island, Not that you would want to live out there. Its all woodland trails around here. thousands of miles of it. So big lifts, tires, etc here are for dick measuring not usage. The local dealer likes putting on 4" fabtech lifts on most every jeep they sell, NO geometry correction at all, They all handle like crap, but hey, the look good. factor in the 35/37s they install at factory air pressures...I have fixed more of those lifts that people did not need but looked great. My "little" lift does better on road, off road and everywhere in between than 90 % of the crap driving around here. So no worries. MY LITTLE Jeep is just fine thanks!

Last edited by Kojack; 04-25-2016 at 01:19 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:10 AM
JK Junkie

panthro1810, 35" KO2s and mopars high clearance fenders would be my choice.

Last edited by Kojack; 04-25-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

I like this look, the way the tires sit on the rig. I'm not a fan of silver I'd be using black flares http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzpnLKGCSfQ&sns=em Thoughts?? Trying to cover all my options before I pull the trigger.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:46 AM
JK Junkie

I am not a fan of the look of flat fender, but if you like them. the Genrights are great. I like the look of the stock fenders that's why I like the mopar units. They look stock until you look close.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, if you are going for minimal lift (good choice IMO) the Mopar high line is a great choice, clearance with stock looks which I am a big of.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
I agree, if you are going for minimal lift (good choice IMO) the Mopar high line is a great choice, clearance with stock looks which I am a big of.
Yeah, they maybe a little more expensive, but look WAY better than any other flat fender I have seen, and a million times better than cutting the stockers.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
HOw many times in that 90 miles do you fill up your jeep chuck? I would really like to know. I bet you are getting like 8 mpg at that speed with the 37's. gearing or not. I will wave at you as I pass you in the gas station! And.....before you start on the cheap part, it like having good gas milage for range...not for cost. I like to go farther with the gas in my rig since we don't have gas stations every 90 miles here. Nothing to do with money.
Yep, my gas mileage sucks. Never argued that.
Nope, don't think you're cheap, I just live my life in high-speed so everything is a rush (I'm actually working on that as it's a big problem in my life)
I wasn't recommending 37s to anyone, I was comparing my jeep with a 2.5" and 37s to be somewhat equal to no lift and 35s.
I'm don't argue with you to argue... Well maybe sometimes, I only argue when you recommend things like your Monroe reflex shocks to someone with a lifted jeep and looking for shocks. If you're happy with your jeep then that's all that matters.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:13 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Yep, my gas mileage sucks. Never argued that.
Nope, don't think you're cheap, I just live my life in high-speed so everything is a rush (I'm actually working on that as it's a big problem in my life)
I wasn't recommending 37s to anyone, I was comparing my jeep with a 2.5" and 37s to be somewhat equal to no lift and 35s.
I'm don't argue with you to argue... Well maybe sometimes, I only argue when you recommend things like your Monroe reflex shocks to someone with a lifted jeep and looking for shocks. If you're happy with your jeep then that's all that matters.
I only recommend the monroes for 2" lifts..thats it. They are 1" longer than stock and most run stock shocks with them. NOT 4" lifts or anything. You can use them with 2.5" and extensions as well. They work really really good! Are they king or fox....NOPE. what they are is a great replacement for stock shocks on stock or mildly lifted rigs. they handle better than stock, ride better than stock, are covered by an awesome warranty and last A LONG TIME.

yeah dude...slow down and relax. trust me....rushing is nothing but trouble.....it does not help anything.

Last edited by Kojack; 04-27-2016 at 06:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Lift?