Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

LIFT QUESTION? What Should I Do With My Original Parts After I Lift My Rubicon?

Old 01-21-2015, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question LIFT QUESTION? What Should I Do With My Original Parts After I Lift My Rubicon?

Thanks in advance! I tried looking for other threads regarding this topic. I am lifting my 2012 Rubicon with a 3" long-arm lift. Should I try to sell (not sure if there is a market for the parts they take off...)? Or just give the parts to the company that is installing the lift? I am considering keeping my wheels & tires and listing them on craigslist. (approx 12k on them.)

What have others done???

Thanks
Old 01-21-2015, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It being a Rubi, you can probably get a few bucks out of the shocks and springs. As far as the tires and wheels go, some say they are better to sell separately. I only got $200 out of my Sahara wheels and tires, but I've seen sets go on here for close to $500. Post it in the Billboard section of the forum and see what happens! Good Luck!
Old 01-21-2015, 12:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep mine generally. Useful if you want to trade in or sell the Jeep and you can bring it back to stock and migrate your aftermarket stuff over. Or if someone in the club needs a part
Old 01-21-2015, 12:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got $800 for my wheels, $50 for my Rubi shocks, and $125 for my plastics. The rest I still have in case, like Vlad said, you ever want/need to return it to stock. Not sure if doing a long arm kit eliminates that possibility or not. If the springs are 18/59s or 19/60s, you should be able to sell those too. You could recycle the arms or give them to a local metal collector if you don't want them, or give/sell them on the forum to members who are repairing accidents. I don't think you should let them go to the landfill though.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. Since it is a long arm kit, I will have a harder time bringing the Rubi back to stock. I guess I will try to sell my springs, wheels and tires. As soon as I purchase the flat fenders, I will sell both sets of my plastic fenders.(silver body color and black).

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: LIFT QUESTION? What Should I Do With My Original Parts After I Lift My Rubicon?