Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Line X, Rhino Line, Etc

Old 05-14-2019, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line X, Rhino Line, Etc

Does anyone have these on their JK? If so, where do you put them?

Did you have an "undercoat" done?
Old 05-17-2019, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not on my jeep, but I've had it on my truck bed and rocker panels. In general I'm not a fan of entire undercoats of the stuff. It can actually trap moisture causing rust. It's great on places that get rubbed a lot
Old 05-19-2019, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Rubberized Under-Coatings

Originally Posted by MeatCurtains
Not on my jeep, but I've had it on my truck bed and rocker panels. In general I'm not a fan of entire undercoats of the stuff. It can actually trap moisture causing rust. It's great on places that get rubbed a lot
This is correct, if surface rust or moisture is present it can be trapped underneath these coatings and you won't know the cancer is spreading until it rusts through and falls apart.

Before any kind of paint or undercoating system any issues need to be taken care of. As I am swapping out parts or fixing something I always clean the local area and visually inspect; if I spot something I remove the part, sand it down, prep it, and reapply my paint system or undercoating. I also keep a list when I'm doing routine maintenance/cleaning on the underbody and as I get time I will remove pieces with issues and re-paint using the process above. Part of my cleaning process and the last step is applying fluid film or lanolin to the entire underbody and wiping off any excess.

Sometimes I get really lazy and just knock off anything loose, use dewaxer/degreaser, apply Ospho which is phosphoric acid I believe, wipe down with mineral spirits, prep, and fog in some rattle can paint.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Sledgehamma
Does anyone have these on their JK? If so, where do you put them?
Did you have an "undercoat" done?
Are you wanting undercoating specifically? Or are you looking at coating the bumpers, tub, hardtop, etc also?

Quick Reply: Line X, Rhino Line, Etc