JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Little luxuries (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/little-luxuries-49198/)

jldx75 07-26-2008 04:08 PM

Little luxuries

Am i wrong to love my power windows and locks? I love my ac living in hell texas. My sirius radio blasting my favourite Elton John-Ellen Degenerate tunes is nice. I see some posts where hardcore jeepers look down upon the little extras that Jeep included to make life a bit more comfortable going down the trail.

Yes i will have my doors off and my top down sometimes but if its 102 outside im damn sure gonna have that ac on , top up, doors on. I'll still wave at you....if you don't want to wave at me locked in my cool comfort that's ok too.

Mutts08JK 07-26-2008 04:28 PM

Just because your spoiled doesn't mean you can't indulge on the good things, you are still in a Jeep so most likely we won't pass eachother but if I do I'd still wave. at 102 trust me I'd be having my AC cranked up and the tunes a blaren. Who cares what anyone else thinks just as long as you're havin fun and you know that any dirt road is fairgame for the JK to turn off on from the blacktop.

deadspot 07-26-2008 04:53 PM

I thought that was really cheating... I have done that to.... :)

Originally Posted by o2dac2000 (Post 613642)
Well it gets plenty hot here in Columbia SC,(100+ and 100% humidity). I take the doors off and top down and sometimes still blast the AC to get a cool breeze to my face!

benny 07-26-2008 05:14 PM

It's your Jeep, do what you want. I don't know about the Elton John though...............just kidding.

Wes 07-26-2008 05:26 PM

I wish I had bought power doors and windows :(

Seryoga 07-26-2008 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by jldx75 (Post 613629)
Am i wrong to love my power windows and locks? I love my ac living in hell texas. My sirius radio blasting my favourite Elton John-Ellen Degenerate tunes is nice. I see some posts where hardcore jeepers look down upon the little extras that Jeep included to make life a bit more comfortable going down the trail.

Yes i will have my doors off and my top down sometimes but if its 102 outside im damn sure gonna have that ac on , top up, doors on. I'll still wave at you....if you don't want to wave at me locked in my cool comfort that's ok too.

hmm, not really, i love my power windows/locks too. Even a few "old school" jeeppers have told me that having power windows is a good idea, and they would love to have it in their YJ's TJ's

Brad2893 07-26-2008 08:02 PM

This is what we call PROGRESS...and YES, it IS a good thing.

(We paid for it by having a crappy 3.8L V6!!!).

Cheers!

Gypsy 07-26-2008 08:10 PM

Uh, not sure to take this seriously or not. Who is Ellen Degenerate? Last I checked, that was a name Falwell called Degeneres when she came out... And that's not cool in my books.

Mine you, if that was just spelling mistake, enjoy away.

yetibear 07-26-2008 08:23 PM

Elton John-Ellen Degenerate - the same person(by different mothers:crazyeyes:), his feminine side is called Elton, if he is feeling butch he goes by Ellen.:eek2:
:rotflmao2::rotflmao2::rotflmao2:

Gypsy 07-26-2008 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by yetibear (Post 613870)
Elton John-Ellen Degenerate - the same person(by different mothers:crazyeyes:), his feminine side is called Elton, if he is feeling butch he goes by Ellen.:eek2:
:rotflmao2::rotflmao2::rotflmao2:

LOL, thank GOD. I'm afraid I don't listen to any Elton John (Just Buffett in my Jeep) and I had a moment of "Good lord, who ARE these people??"

Carry on. :)