Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Love the JK, and love the soft top options!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love the JK, and love the soft top options!

We're all used to seeing the complaints up here, so I thought I'd toss up a positive post for the JK

I've had my Unlimited Sahara since the end of last Sept, and so far it's treated me very well. No real problems to speak of that weren't user inflicted

In general I love the JK...particularly it's off road capability. I haven't been able to get it out on an actual serious 'wheelin' trip yet, but I get it off the pavement every chance I get, and have gotten it completely covered in mud a good number of times.

It also suits my day to day needs. It's my only vehicle, and I need it for work, so I needed the Unlimited for its towing capacity. I'm a siding installer and have a bunch of scaffold and tools that I need to move between job sites, and the JK is (just) able to do it. When I've got my work trailer fully loaded the JK will pull it, but I can tell it doesn't like it, and my mileage goes into the toilet...but it'll do it. Fortunately I only need to pull the fully loaded trailer a couple times a month. I know a truck would do the job better, but the JK is just more fun.

And the soft top. Ahh, I love the soft top! This is my first summer with the JK and the soft top, and I can honestly say, I don't ever want to go back to a vehicle that has a permanently affixed roof. There's nothing like the open air experience!

I also like the options the soft top offers. Of course top completely down is by far the best, but the sunrider is also nice for short trips and questionable weather, or when you want to keep hands from reaching into the back of the Jeep. I've also come to really like running with the top up but all the back windows removed, especially when driving on the highway. You get a nice breeze (at highway speed) without getting blown away, plus you get shade from the roof on those really hot days.

I really can't see myself driving anything else anymore. This vehicle is perfect for me...it suits all my needs, and is a blasty-blast to drive all at the same time!

Just thought I'd share
Old 08-08-2009, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great thread!! ... yeah ..I love my JK too. I understand the need to discuss/vent/air out the probs that can come with such a special vehicule, but there is much more good than bad.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ImmortalityLTD
That's cool. I love mine, too. Have you tried taking the doors off yet?
No, sadly I haven't...I'm an apartment dweller right now so no storage that isn't a hassle, and I wouldn't be able to keep them off overnight or anything like that.

The time will come, but for now I'll just have to make due with the top down goodness
Old 08-09-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

feel exactly the same way

Quick Reply: Love the JK, and love the soft top options!