Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

more modular top wish

Old 06-16-2008, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default more modular top wish

aka, I hate my soft top but don't want the sun on my head, and don't always want the hard top on.

Wouldn't it be nice if:
The hard top had more than 3 parts?

If the back section could be disconnected at all perpendicular connections, 6 pieces in all:
it might increase the propensity for leakage,
but it would also be easier to take the whole thing off, easier to store,
and mostly:
I'm picturing a hard "safari" top that goes from the winshield and stops at the rear of the roll bars, open sides all around. It would attach snuggly to the roll bars. Then when the time comes to put the top on, slap the side and rear panels back on and waa-laa, hard top again. no need for those damnable zippers and waxy plastic windows.

Anyone else like this idea, or can pitch it to bestop?
Old 06-16-2008, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oZmonKey
Wouldn't it be nice if:
The hard top had more than 3 parts?

If the back section could be disconnected at all perpendicular connections, 6 pieces in all:
it might increase the propensity for leakage,
but it would also be easier to take the whole thing off, easier to store,
and mostly:
I'm picturing a hard "safari" top that goes from the winshield and stops at the rear of the roll bars, open sides all around. It would attach snuggly to the roll bars. Then when the time comes to put the top on, slap the side and rear panels back on and waa-laa, hard top again. no need for those damnable zippers and waxy plastic windows.

Anyone else like this idea, or can pitch it to bestop?
I'd buy it. I like a hardtop, but I want to easilly remove the rear and side windows!

Quick Reply: more modular top wish