Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Muffler Delete

Old 06-25-2018, 03:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Maybe this sounds better with the 3.8L?? LOL, I think it sounds horrendous with the 3.6L, but we have all personal preferences I guess. I describe it more as "embarrassing" rather than "super bad ass", but you know....sometimes someone says they hear a "clunk" while others describe the same noise as a "pop".

You don't need to spend much on a muffler....I mean, unless you want to sound like a modded Honda Civic, cuz that is what you get with most of the packaged things out there. I have a $35 Thrush Welded from AAP, and it's suited me for a few years now. Doesn't sound obnoxious and provides added clearance. For very little money, mom & pop muffler shops can mount things much higher in the factory location, or between the axles if you're in to that.
I might consider a resonator at some point. But otherwise I'm learning how to control the throttle so driving it isn't so painful to other drivers. There was this one driver that sped up super fast and close to the car next to me...I gave it some gas and she backed the #(%(#% off after that point....lesson learned. Half the jeeps around me are Zombie Apocalypse Jeeps so we all play our part.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I added a magniflow glasspack one of those rather large ones and it's helped out a ton...no longer do I feel the need to baby it due to sound.

Quick Reply: Muffler Delete