Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My Jeep was just right... on paper.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Jeep was just right... on paper.

In real life, I'm really not happy with it. I'm sure you think I need counseling because of that.

I did all the research, tracked it from Ohio to the dealer, and took delivery as a very excited kid at heart. Now that I've had the chance to finally own a 2012 JKU, I just can't get used to it. It's likely going to cause an unsavory financial hit, but it must be replaced for my sanity's sake. Do you have any suggestions?

Edit: Going to include my other posts here

Thanks for all the replies of support. I think you guys are right about taking the top off and getting out there a bit to see what it's like in full form.

The problem: the foam in the seats gives too much. After driving for half an hour, all the good things about the Jeep go out the window because all I can think about is butt and back aches. Does anyone else experience anything like that?

What's cool about it: driving around in the wind and rain from the hurricane today was sweet!

I'm still pursuing the option of selling, but I'll let you know how it goes when she goes topless!

Last edited by mrlife; 08-28-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Take the top off, doors too and get up at the butt crack of dawn. Grab a cup of coffee and take a stroll off the beaten path. You will quickly change your mind.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrlife
In real life, I'm really not happy with it. I'm sure you think I need counseling because of that.

I did all the research, tracked it from Ohio to the dealer, and took delivery as a very excited kid at heart. Now that I've had the chance to finally own a 2012 JKU, I just can't get used to it. It's likely going to cause an unsavory financial hit, but it must be replaced for my sanity's sake. Do you have any suggestions?
What aren't you happy with? I love mine. What could you possibly want instead?
Old 08-27-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Ummmmmm..,.,, sell it if you dont love it right off the bat then a Jeep is not for you. But to give you fair advice what exactly about it that you cant stand?
Old 08-27-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Hoping you test drove one before buying. You must understand that solid axel suspension will not give you the ride like a normal suv. Go through a severe winter with and a summer to enjoy the top off ad you will be a jeeper for life. If not sell it
Old 08-27-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

You need counseling
Old 08-27-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default x10

Originally Posted by ethconmeg
Take the top off, doors too and get up at the butt crack of dawn. Grab a cup of coffee and take a stroll off the beaten path. You will quickly change your mind.
x10...

Once you're cruising through a nice country side this fall with the top off, feeling the cool breeze on your skin, leaves changing color, and hearing the birds sing as you drive by you'll understand. And if you decide to turn right down a beaten up forest road so you can see the view nothing can stop you.

It is the most capable vehicle in the world. Nothing else comes close. And with the new mods to the 2011-2012 interior it is as good as any suv on the market.

What is it you don't like. And..what made you think you would like it in the first place?
Old 08-27-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

It takes a bit to get used to. As a few others have said, if you dont like it.... sell it.
I bought mine almost a year ago, and think it is great. Not a very smooth ride, but with the top down, tunes cranked, the wrangler puts a smile on my face.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wait until this winter..

One more thing..

Wait until this winter when you're snowed in and some says.. "mhhhmmm.. I wish i had stuff for the (insert need here)" You say.."come on..i'll take ya". They're hesitant as they ask if you have 4 wheel drive. You say "I have a Jeep". They'll be out the door before you can get your coat.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

In a scary way this is all true I drove my jeep once didn't know much about the jks but liked there look I was more of a truck guy ... I went by the seat of my pants and got one and haven't looked back I love doing all the above the fact that my girl loves it to makes it all that much better but now I have the bug and want to do so much to it

Quick Reply: My Jeep was just right... on paper.