JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   My JK's first offroad run (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/my-jks-first-offroad-run-120/)

Ge99ne 09-25-2006 05:24 AM

My JK's first offroad run

5 Attachment(s)
Here's a few pics of the first steps off the asphalt. No moab run here just a jaunt down the powerline right of way. The hills in the photos are by far the widest part of the run. I was grabbing branches & placing them on the roof in an attempt to preserve the paint on a good bit of the run. The good & bad news on plastic bits. The plastic parts have a fine texture to them that seems to hide any scratches from pushing over 6' pine saplings. But the orange clay mud that was thrown on the bumpers and side steps is really tough to get out of the very fine textured plastic. Will have to give the pressure washer a go for those parts.

wayoflife 09-25-2006 05:54 AM

Sweet!! Man, I'm really liking that Graystone Pearl. Thanks for posting the pics :thumbs:

As far as the plastic parts go, I know of several companies that are already working on steel replacement parts for them :yup:

Ge99ne 09-25-2006 07:17 AM

Thanks. I like the color too. Worked out nicely. Forgot to mention the ESP did seem to keep the wheels from spinning. Of course there ain't a whole lot of extra horses to spare in the first place. But doing 2 runs up the hill in 2wd it spun moderaltey under full throttle with it off. Did not spin with it on, but it felt like the engine was working harder to get up the hill. Not struggling, but by the time it was really getting into the powerband, we where at the top of the hill. Not surprising, but I thought I might get away with 33's without a regear. Not so sure now.

wayoflife 09-25-2006 07:24 AM

Do know if you have 3.73's or 4.10 gears?

Ge99ne 09-25-2006 08:00 AM

I have 4.10's

wayoflife 09-25-2006 08:37 AM

Wow, and you still feel under powered? :eek: I ordered my JK with a 6-speed and hope it'll feel like it's got more power. I know that's the case with TJ's anyway.

Ge99ne 09-25-2006 10:04 AM

Well I wouldn't say underpowered, but you're not going to scare yourself with the skinny pedal. I may run it again in 4 lo see if it gets in overdrive:yup:

Phishjeep 09-25-2006 11:53 AM

Is your Jeep Auto or Six Speed? Thanks!

Ge99ne 09-25-2006 12:33 PM

It's automatic. I drove the six speed first & did not like feel of the tranny. The one I drove was tricky to get in first gear. It also had 3.73's. The auto felt pepier than the stick. I give credit to the gearing difference.

ericdewayne 09-26-2006 04:55 AM

Great pics man. And wayoflife's right that Graystone Pearl does look real good. Kinda makes me rethink my choice of black. I hate black cars, after every one i have i swear ill never get another cause they always look dirty. But then again... it is a Jeep! ;)