Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My Rubicon "JK" saved my life

Old 06-28-2013, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your Jeep! Glad you're ok.

I was in a low speed (35mph or so) roll over accident in my 08 jku in 2011. My self and my 2 passengers had seat belts on and the top down - we all walked away with no injuries. Very thank for how my wrangler held up!

A little advice on the insurance/replacement end - you should find "comparable" jeeps in the area and do some research. Insurance will usually offer you a "total" figure that is lower than it should be, and a lot of people don't realize you can argue and negoiate for a higher total offer - make sure you do that, and include receipts for any upgrades you've done. Hopefully you'll get a good deal!

The other advice I have is to talk to the salvage yard the jeep was towed too, and make sure they call you before they haul it away - you'll need to get your personal belongings, but you can also remove any bolt ons or parts of value and sell them to recoup some of the mods you've got invested. People are always looking for take off pieces! If i were you'd I'd take the hard top too - even if just the back portion is ok, then get some aftermarket freedom panels and skip the hard top option on your next JK

Good luck! Glad you're ok!!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow! Glad you're OK. Btw; somebody stole your drivers side rear tire.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unreal! Thank God you are okay!!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Davep22
Sorry to hear about your Jeep! Glad you're ok.

I was in a low speed (35mph or so) roll over accident in my 08 jku in 2011. My self and my 2 passengers had seat belts on and the top down - we all walked away with no injuries. Very thank for how my wrangler held up!

A little advice on the insurance/replacement end - you should find "comparable" jeeps in the area and do some research. Insurance will usually offer you a "total" figure that is lower than it should be, and a lot of people don't realize you can argue and negoiate for a higher total offer - make sure you do that, and include receipts for any upgrades you've done. Hopefully you'll get a good deal!

The other advice I have is to talk to the salvage yard the jeep was towed too, and make sure they call you before they haul it away - you'll need to get your personal belongings, but you can also remove any bolt ons or parts of value and sell them to recoup some of the mods you've got invested. People are always looking for take off pieces! If i were you'd I'd take the hard top too - even if just the back portion is ok, then get some aftermarket freedom panels and skip the hard top option on your next JK

Good luck! Glad you're ok!!
x2. Spend the time to do some research and it will pay off. We got enough on our vehicle loss to replace it with one a year newer. As for personal injury wait as long as you can before settling, sometimes injuries take a while to fully come to light. Finally, Good Luck!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank God you walked away.....the young new drivers just dont pay attention.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your call today! Your JK took one hell of a hit!
Old 07-09-2013, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

Definitely scary - glad you are ok!!
Old 07-09-2013, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

What a Reck. Glad no one was seriously injured
Old 07-10-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

I can relate to Jeeps saving lives, glad you guys are OK. We took a head on last Oct, totaled our LJ and both my wife and I were Life Flighted out, we're doing OK and just ordered a JKUR replacement.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Wow, totally glad you are ok. You can rebuild your jeep, but yourself? Not so easilly.

Quick Reply: My Rubicon "JK" saved my life