Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need Color Help

Old 06-19-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Color Help

Well now that I have decided what all I want on a JK and to go with new, I need some help with one more Choice.

Do I Go and get the 08 Redrock today thats at the dealer

OR

Do I wait 2 Months and go order the Sunburst Orange and build up an X or a Sahara????

Opinions Please
Old 06-19-2008, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Which color do you like?

(btw, I don't care for the redrock color)
Old 06-19-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tough choice for me. In the light with Black wheels and some other aftermarket stuff on it, I like the Rock red Pearl. If it was regular Burgandy I would hate it...The Orange is hard to see, especially what the Sahara looks like with no pics. I do like the 08 Dodge ram Orange though.....And my Hona 450R race Quad is Orange
Old 06-19-2008, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

I'd wait for the orange. It seems like a long time away, I have always been an impulse buyer myself. BUT, It's really not a long time. If you like the orange you should wait. Then you have time to think about all the mod's you want.
Isn't it fun though. Congratulations, I don't even know you but am excited for you to get a new JK!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 AM
JK Super Freak

I was in a similar boat. Do I order an 08 in Jeep Green, get it by the end of June, or do I wait and order an 09 Deep Sea Blue and not see it until late Summer or Early Fall?

I went with the green, here's why

1. I heard the price was going up a little for 09.
2. I have never seen Deep Water Blue, so I would be ordering blind.
3. Currently 78 degrees at 9:45 am. What a day to have the top down. I didn't want to have a Summer without my Jeep.

I like Red Rock. I would have gotten it if my Grandma hadn't told me to never drive a red car when she was on her death bed. Some of the other things she said came true so it freaked me out a little.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepnatvguy
Well now that I have decided what all I want on a JK and to go with new, I need some help with one more Choice.

Do I Go and get the 08 Redrock today thats at the dealer

OR

Do I wait 2 Months and go order the Sunburst Orange and build up an X or a Sahara????

Opinions Please
I'd go with the Redrock today provided it has the options that you are looking for...I love redrock but unfortunatly could not find a dealer with one loaded the way I wanted and I was in need of a vehicle asap. Never was a fan of red cars in general but there is something special about redrock.

Also you will have it to enjoy this summer.

At the end of the day buying a new vehicle is a big purchase and a commitment...get exactly what you want, if it means waiting a couple of months if you can then do it...if you love redrock and it is equipped the way you want go for it.

Good luck and congrats on the new jeep
Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Check my sig. I've got an '09 Redrock Rubi on order now. Thinkin' about changin' it to Jeep Green now, though. I saw a Jeep Green Rubi here in person and I think it's awesome.

I'm really stuck now. Not sure what I'll do.

I do agree, though, that a vehicle purchase is a major decision. Do whatever you want more, but make sure you make the right decision.

As far as the price going up, the base price probably will go up, but it's mainly 'cause the Power Convenience group and tinted windows are standard on the Rubicon starting in '09.

Good luck and keep us posted in what you decide and throw up some pics when you get it. I know I will.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Guys ....Well I just got back from the dealer and have been spinning my mind the whole day on what to do. I think I have decided to get the 08 Redrock with the options I want on it... Because

1. I checked out an 08 Ram (Sunburst Orange) and could not sit there and say WOW, I love that color I just sold a really nice Silver , Loaded ram and loves those trucks too. It just looks like an Orange that I would walk out and get sick of one day. The I turned around and saw the redrock Sahara and just liked it so much better, and that was a Stock one...

2. I sold my truck and don't want to wait and not have the jeep now to drive when it's nice out. By the time I got the new one I will have some mods on the 08 and like it even more. It also seems like some things are not standard on the 08 and I would be paying more for it ...

Thanks Everyone. I will let you know how it goes...I might change my mind again LOL because i am losing it lately
Old 06-19-2008, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy Redrock now!
Why- Buy now play now.
Start modding now by fall you won't believe the change.
Color - When it's covered in mud they are alll the same color.
You don't want to wait and look at this site and all the cool JK's.

Nuf said : Go pick up your New Redrock Rubi JK.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't give up a whole summer of your life for a paint job. When it comes to paint, it is just there to protect the metal and help you tell which Jeep is your's in the parking lot.

When fall comes, you will not be saying "I sure wish I had waited for a different color paint instead of having all that fun all summer long in my new Jeep."

Now go out and get that new Jeep dirty!

Quick Reply: Need Color Help