Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Jeeper looking for some lift advice!!

Old 02-23-2012, 10:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Jeeper looking for some lift advice!!

I got a 2010 jku, the wrangler sport. I'm going to pockets up some 35's on 17" rims this weekend and am looking to buy my lift to go with it. Don't want to spend a ton of money, but want to do it right. Was looking at the rough country 3 1/4" lift but wanted to get some opinions on it. Let me know what u guys think. Also, shod I get a new track bar and any other pointers on replacing stock parts would b great.

Thanks guys,(and gals)
Glenn
Old 02-23-2012, 10:31 PM
JK Newbie

*****Pickup****** I notice how much typos get pointed out!!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gwag84
I got a 2010 jku, the wrangler sport. I'm going to pockets up some 35's on 17" rims this weekend and am looking to buy my lift to go with it. Don't want to spend a ton of money, but want to do it right. Was looking at the rough country 3 1/4" lift but wanted to get some opinions on it. Let me know what u guys think. Also, shod I get a new track bar and any other pointers on replacing stock parts would b great.

Thanks guys,(and gals)
Glenn
If you want a heads up this is what I experienced the min needed and drives excellent
3 inch lift, front lower Adj Control Arms with correct adj, front adj trackbar, rear upper adj control arms with proper Adj, rear trackbar drop bracket, shocks, and if your using stock rims get 1.5 rim spacers
Possibly longer brake lines if you disconnect swaybar and rock crawl a lot
Old 02-24-2012, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys,(and gals)
Glenn
You would be fine with a 2.5in lift. Any more than that and you are going to be looking at a bit more money. Hope that helps.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys,(and gals)
Glenn
You can run a TeraFlex 2.5" coil kit for those 35's. It will lift the front 3.1"/2.1" in the rear.

TeraFlex #1251000 2.5" coil/shock kit $768.99
Feel free to call me if you have any questions. Here's a install video that will show you how easy it is to install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz-R5E-NPQg
Old 02-24-2012, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

You can run a TeraFlex 2.5" coil kit for those 35's. It will lift the front 3.1"/2.1" in the rear.

TeraFlex #1251000 2.5" coil/shock kit $768.99
Feel free to call me if you have any questions. Here's a install video that will show you how easy it is to install.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz-R5E-NPQg
Yeah this is what I purchased but a 3 inch and it drives and rides great. Then later on get a TF front adj track bar and lower control Arms

Quick Reply: New Jeeper looking for some lift advice!!