Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

A new way to fund the jeep addiction

Old 01-02-2015, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new way to fund the jeep addiction

Guys/Gals,

Check out my GoFundMe page and tell me what you think. My fiancé Grace and I are saving up to get her a jeep and "fund the addiction." This is very lighthearted and in no way am I trying to take away from the intent of the site. If all you get out of it is a laugh, then that's fine.

http://www.gofundme.com/jlhou8

-Jarrett
Old 01-02-2015, 12:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck with that. lol
Old 01-02-2015, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, I'll fund yours if you fund mine
Old 01-02-2015, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

Hahaha thanks! A friend of mine that lives in Hawaii submitted $20 with the message "Sorry you drive a jeep." He has a pretty killer FJ40 out there. My response was "Well I'm not... But thanks!"
Old 01-11-2015, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jkboomer35
Guys/Gals, Check out my GoFundMe page and tell me what you think.
I know I will probably get blasted by many for my opinion but, it is my opinion and since you asked, I'll tell you. As "lighthearted" as you think it may be, I think it's pathetic that some people think others should contribute to their "wants", not true needs, unless it's a gift for some special occasion like a birthday, graduation, etc.. Much like those who expect family and friends should pay for their wedding expenses so they could have the wedding of their dreams. A wedding gift is one thing, paying for the wedding is something else. If you can't afford it, then save for it until you can.

It's probably a generation thing. Many young people feel as though they are "entitled". The older generation generally feels things should be earned.

I guess I've given away my age, huh?

Those are my feelings and I'm sticking to it.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry, I agree with Ralph. You say it's light-hearted, but I just read your account write up and it looks like you really are asking for handouts.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:50 AM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Totally agree Ralph. People work hard to have a comfortable life and save for their pleasures. If you have had to earn your enjoyments in life you are more likely to value them more.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RalphTomaccio
I know I will probably get blasted by many for my opinion but, it is my opinion and since you asked, I'll tell you. As "lighthearted" as you think it may be, I think it's pathetic that some people think others should contribute to their "wants", not true needs, unless it's a gift for some special occasion like a birthday, graduation, etc.. Much like those who expect family and friends should pay for their wedding expenses so they could have the wedding of their dreams. A wedding gift is one thing, paying for the wedding is something else. If you can't afford it, then save for it until you can. It's probably a generation thing. Many young people feel as though they are "entitled". The older generation generally feels things should be earned. I guess I've given away my age, huh? Those are my feelings and I'm sticking to it.
I agree 100%
Old 01-11-2015, 12:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RalphTomaccio
I know I will probably get blasted by many for my opinion but, it is my opinion and since you asked, I'll tell you. As "lighthearted" as you think it may be, I think it's pathetic that some people think others should contribute to their "wants", not true needs, unless it's a gift for some special occasion like a birthday, graduation, etc.. Much like those who expect family and friends should pay for their wedding expenses so they could have the wedding of their dreams. A wedding gift is one thing, paying for the wedding is something else. If you can't afford it, then save for it until you can.

It's probably a generation thing. Many young people feel as though they are "entitled". The older generation generally feels things should be earned.

I guess I've given away my age, huh?

Those are my feelings and I'm sticking to it.
I agree, Ralph. But only to a certain extent. I come from a very traditional family. And in my family, you do pay for the weddings of your daughters. It's been that way for hundreds of years. I've paid for one and I still have one to go.

Now current thinking is that the bride's and groom's family should split the cost. That would be nice because these things aren't cheap. But I will pay for my second daughter's wedding as well. When it comes to my son, I will split it with the bride's family if they need it.

But I absolutely agree, kids nowadays feel entitled. I believe it all started with the trophies for everyone, win or lose. It made the kids think they should get rewarded just for showing up. If you have ever hired a current generation kid, you know what I'm talking about. They expect to be paid for just showing up. Work is optional.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Jarrett I read your link and we here Do get it we drive jeeps too.
If you don't ask you won't get may be true but it's kinda sad it's your 2nd post only and you're looking for handouts :(
I totally agree with Ralph using the words "entitled" and "earned" as well... Over 5 years of hard work building my baby
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-453003398.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	591527   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2414659833.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	591528  

Last edited by robsjeep9; 01-11-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply: A new way to fund the jeep addiction