Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Newbie needing a little advice....

Old 02-25-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needing a little advice....

I'll more then likely be purchasing a JK in the next few weeks and had a question, when it came to the trims. I know opinions are out there and everyone has them, but just need a general consensus.

While I'd love to get a Rubicon, for the upgrades it has, not sure I'd use them that often. I know I'll never rock climb or so any of the other extreme stuff that goes on, with the videos from the Project page. I also know that I won't be happy with a stock JK, without a little lift and bigger tires.

Do I find an older Rubicon with what I want, or do I go for a newer used Sport that has had some mods on it? I'm sure this has been asked before, in some way or another and for that I apologize. I just wasn't for sure what to search for, when trying to answer my own question.

Appreciate the response.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you just want the look and will not wheel it at all/much then I would consider a used Sport or X that has some mods that you like. I would always let a tech look it over in case it's been 'hurt' - IMHO.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing at all wrong with going with the X, especially if it will mainly be your daily driver. You can make it pretty bad action with the right lift, wheels, & tires. Its also plenty trail ready for the moderate off roading you (and I ) will be doing.

Best of luck!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id get the rubicon unless u r 100% sure you never want to off road. I bought my jeep with the intention of doing easy trails and next thing I know I am wishing I bought the rubicon. Rocks can be very addicting and the transfer case in the rubi is hard to beat. Now, if u buy and X u can upgrade everything but you got to come up with the cash vs finance it.

Quick Reply: Newbie needing a little advice....