Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

NITTO or TOYO

Old 01-28-2015, 09:20 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Blizz
Both are awesome tires and everyone who has owned both with claim similar performances on and off road. From what I was quoted at from Discount Tire, toyos are cheaper. I did end up going with BFG KM2s so I can't say how they actually perform, myself.

I'm kind of new here, so can someone fill me in on TreyJk's joke about wayalife clones?
wayalife guy allegedly gets free stuff and then it is the best stuff in the world and if a company does not give him free stuff he says it is crap. Has the big following on youtube. That is the story I have heard anyway. I know he told me I was a dumb fuk because I said the TeraFlex hinge was a good product lol. After that I stopped visiting his site or watching his videos.

Last edited by jadmt; 01-28-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn near everyone here runs them also. That or bfg crawlers... Mainly due to the fact thats all our local racers run and one of them is arguably one of the best in the ultra 4 series... The tires they run are all competition grade that arent available to public. So if your not racing id say there are a few good options that will hold up well for 99 percent of the use these will see. Hell ive seen some racers blow thru a tire a lap on some of the top notch high price tires... All can get messed up...

But Agreed with above i will never run another nitto due to above said site... Hell not even a toyo...
Old 01-28-2015, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blizz
Both are awesome tires and everyone who has owned both with claim similar performances on and off road. From what I was quoted at from Discount Tire, toyos are cheaper. I did end up going with BFG KM2s so I can't say how they actually perform, myself. I'm kind of new here, so can someone fill me in on TreyJk's joke about wayalife clones?
Like jadmt said, Eddie is a really biased guy and tended to ban people when he used to own this site. I was unaware of that and I joined wayalife but soon discovered how it really is. I got chewed up over a d shackle's many purposes. And it seems like every jeep with a "wayalife" banner has Trail Graps, EVO stuff, ATX slabs, and a big Nitto decal on the side, which is why I referred the them as clones. Even still, I really love my Trail Grapplers!
Old 01-28-2015, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mastercraft MXT's
Old 01-28-2015, 09:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run Nittos. Best tires I've owned. Never tried toyo. As for the wayolife peckerhead, I dont make decisions based on what he or they like, don't like, use or don't use. Unless he owns Nitto, I'm staying with Nitto. If I based what I buy on whether or not some douchebag also likes it, I wouldn't own anything. There are more douchebags in the world than there is product.

I think I ruled out toyo as the 35's are e load only.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had 2 sets of Toyo Open Country M/Ts and have been very happy with them. Noise isn't bad, good grip, and they last a while.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:51 AM
JK Freak

One thing the OP hasn't mentioned is what size he will be running.
For me, I chose the Toyo's (37") as they provide a wider tread 13.5" v Nitto's 12.5", which has worked well for me.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RodCyn
One thing the OP hasn't mentioned is what size he will be running.
For me, I chose the Toyo's (37") as they provide a wider tread 13.5" v Nitto's 12.5", which has worked well for me.
What's the weight on the Toyo 37" ? I'm assuming it's the Toyo Open Country MT
Old 02-02-2015, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
What's the weight on the Toyo 37" ? I'm assuming it's the Toyo Open Country MT
93 lbs !!!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TreyJK
Like jadmt said, Eddie is a really biased guy and tended to ban people when he used to own this site. I was unaware of that and I joined wayalife but soon discovered how it really is. I got chewed up over a d shackle's many purposes. And it seems like every jeep with a "wayalife" banner has Trail Graps, EVO stuff, ATX slabs, and a big Nitto decal on the side, which is why I referred the them as clones. Even still, I really love my Trail Grapplers!
I don't.....

Quick Reply: NITTO or TOYO