Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No re-gear still!! - no thanks to Screamin Lizard Customs

Old 09-15-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they are going to treat the ”small customer” like shit move on to someone who appreciates your business. I've only bought small stuff from Northridge but they treat everyone the same, they will be my choice when I get ready to drop serious $ into the Jeep because of that fact.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf

I was suckered in by his 'too good to be true' jk re-gear ad on craiglist. The work was quick, (3.5 hours start to finish, including fielding phone calls and bs'ing with other customers that stopped in), the price was cheap ($850 out the door for both ends) - and a tow truck was called to get me back to the shop during the test drive. Lots of front end damage, some of it replaced with used parts he had laying around, some he had delivered, and most taken care of by me once I got back to Austin.

And of course both ends have since had to be re-done!! Thankfully by a much more reputable shop - one that doesn't flat out ignore customers that have issues with their work...
Wow, didn't know. That's what's nice about a forum. We can learn the good and the bad.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

I just had a bad experience with the shop that is supposed to be putting gears in my jeep. I made my appointment with them 2 weeks ago to have my gears installed tomorrow I live 3 hours away so I made the good decision to call them first to make sure all the parts have shown up and they tell me they need to make some phone calls to make surenthey will come in today. We'll 3 hrs later I end up calling them back to find out that the parts won't be in so they tell me they can do it on Monday. I remind them I live 3 hrs away and need to come the day before to makensure I will have the jeep there by the time they open and I also took the Friday off to get this done all they have to say is well I guess we will need to reschedule not even a sorry. I don't understand why the parts weren't there already its been plenty of time to order. I also don't understand ehy they never a called me to tell me the parts weren't going to be there I would of been pissed to drive 3 hours and get there for them to tell me they don't have the parts. I just hate irresponsible small business.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds like you are in the DFW area. Shoot me a message and I can help you out with some of the shops. Not trying to come across as a know it all, bit I've had my dealings with some of these local shops and will give you my two cents on where to look.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

went to Lunatic - looks like they are no longer in business - they're office was a sub-office inside a junk yard!

referred to Tribe in FTW - hopefully they can work me into their schedule.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know a shop in Texarkana that will do a good job for $550 labor. That is a ways from Dalls area tho.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

it's crazy trying to find someone to do this - I've contacted other recommended shops but haven't had reply yet.

The shops that are free are way over-priced, explains why they have the time.

My biggest problem is finding free time to do it myself, but may just have to take a couple of days and buy a couple of tools.

now wishing I hadn't sold my calipers and dial indicator.

Hopefully I'll get a response soon...

Quick Reply: No re-gear still!! - no thanks to Screamin Lizard Customs