Noise in clutch - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Noise in clutch

Old 02-23-2019, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default Noise in clutch

Only owned my 2015 Jeep Wrangler for a few weeks but today sitting in my driveway I noticed a slight rumbling noise but when I push in the clutch it stops. Any ideas
Old 02-23-2019, 08:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Could be the release bearing, clutch disc, etc. Regardless, the transmission eventually has to be removed -- And at that point it's cost effective to replace all the usual suspects (disc, pressure plate, release bearing).
Old 02-24-2019, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Not saying you shouldn't do proper maintenance, but do some research into the wrangler rattle associated with the clutch:

I bought my 2013 new, the clutch started rattling at 7,000 miles, three different dealers told me it was within spec and they wouldn't touch it, even though it kept getting progressively louder. By the end of my warranty it was loud as heck. Turns out it is pretty common, sometimes going through and replacing the Through out bearing, fork, and pressure plate fixes it, sometimes it comes right back. I decided to let mine ride. Now at 127,000 miles it is starting to quite back down. I figure that means the TOB will let go soon. Idk.

I haven't had any real issues with the clutch. I did have one slave cylinder grenade. It's been a good clutch/transmission, just noisy like an old locomotive.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

I had an issue with my clutch after sinking it to the frame in mud. My TOB was making a horrible noise, then i replaced the clutch and it went away. If you do change the clutch pressure plate, TOB yourself which is not hard, be sure before you start that you check with the Jeep Dealer has a master cylinder on hand. I ruptured mine.

Quick Reply: Noise in clutch

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: