Noisy sound in my jeep - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Noisy sound in my jeep

 
Old 02-01-2019, 09:16 AM
  #1  
JK Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: JEDDAH
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Noisy sound in my jeep

hi guys

i bought my jeep 2 months ago and it is only 3000KM

These days I heard noisy sound from the front of my car
at variable speeds over 70KM/H itís coming from outside
i have checked the hood latches and its good I donít know what is the problem

i will attach the video

can anyone help me please

thank you
Attached Files

Last edited by Aws Yousef; 02-01-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Aws Yousef is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 09:43 AM
  #2  
JK Junkie
 
resharp001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Willow Park, TX
Posts: 3,917
Thanked 181 Times in 176 Posts
Default

It's really hard to tell from that video. That could be just about anything from a loose bolt to something as simple as a rattling heat shield. It's going to take a little more narrowing down when it happens, under what circumstances, if you can create it at will. I mean, if it were me, I'd be going over all torque specs, getting underneath it and trying to move all heat shields by hand trying to reproduce a rattle. You have to do some thorough inspecting and prodding to find these things. If you can narrow down things like....is it rotational (does it change with speed), what area is it coming from? is it only at certain speeds, or only when turning or going straight?
resharp001 is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 11:01 AM
  #3  
JK Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: JEDDAH
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by resharp001 View Post
It's really hard to tell from that video. That could be just about anything from a loose bolt to something as simple as a rattling heat shield. It's going to take a little more narrowing down when it happens, under what circumstances, if you can create it at will. I mean, if it were me, I'd be going over all torque specs, getting underneath it and trying to move all heat shields by hand trying to reproduce a rattle. You have to do some thorough inspecting and prodding to find these things. If you can narrow down things like....is it rotational (does it change with speed), what area is it coming from? is it only at certain speeds, or only when turning or going straight?



Hi brother , thank you for your reply

I can hear this sound over 40-50 kph if itís windy
and over 70+Kph in normal day and no certain speeds if i go any higher speed i can hear the sound , also it seems something loose .

i checked the heat shields and all of them were good .

its occurr on highways or if I drive on wide streets

*i took my car to the dealer and Iím waiting for the result because it is still under warranty.

thank u


Last edited by Aws Yousef; 02-01-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Aws Yousef is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 11:08 AM
  #4  
JK Junkie
 
resharp001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Willow Park, TX
Posts: 3,917
Thanked 181 Times in 176 Posts
Default

Is that bone stock still, or have you lifted it? If it's stock, and nobody has been messing with bolts, I have to think this might be something as simple as a loose heat shield that the wind is causing to tap against something else. You're not likely to have any bad components on that new of a jeep I suppose. Please followup if the dealership finds the culprit. Hopefully they don't pull the typical "well, we were unable to produce the sound you're describing".

Also, take a minute and fill out few more details in your profile. At the very least JK or JKU, transmission, and any suspension/steering mods if anything, or note "factory" for those. It is helpful for people that dig in looking for those specs when trying to help out. Welcome to the Forum by the way. Lot's of good info on here, specially for newer owners.
resharp001 is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 11:16 AM
  #5  
JK Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: JEDDAH
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by resharp001 View Post
Is that bone stock still, or have you lifted it? If it's stock, and nobody has been messing with bolts, I have to think this might be something as simple as a loose heat shield that the wind is causing to tap against something else. You're not likely to have any bad components on that new of a jeep I suppose. Please followup if the dealership finds the culprit. Hopefully they don't pull the typical "well, we were unable to produce the sound you're describing".

Also, take a minute and fill out few more details in your profile. At the very least JK or JKU, transmission, and any suspension/steering mods if anything, or note "factory" for those. It is helpful for people that dig in looking for those specs when trying to help out. Welcome to the Forum by the way. Lot's of good info on here, specially for newer owners.
oh brother

itís still stock , i just bought it before two months .
and sure if there is any update Iíll update .

Jks
Right now i will update my profile
Aws Yousef is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 04:01 PM
  #6  
Moderator
 
Rednroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 3,747
Thanked 84 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Aws Yousef View Post





Hi brother , thank you for your reply

I can hear this sound over 40-50 kph if it’s windy
and over 70+Kph in normal day and no certain speeds if i go any higher speed i can hear the sound , also it seems something loose .

i checked the heat shields and all of them were good .

its occurr on highways or if I drive on wide streets

*i took my car to the dealer and I’m waiting for the result because it is still under warranty.

thank u



Some have experienced "hood flutter" where the side hood latches have broken and their hood has flown up into their face on windy days.


Check to make certain your hood safety latch is properly aligned and tightened and that it is holding the hood down without the side latches locked down.

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-01-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Rednroll is offline  
Old 02-02-2019, 09:59 AM
  #7  
JK Junkie
 
rob_engineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: brick, nj
Posts: 2,793
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Default

I would check the plastic air dam. Check to see if it is secure.
rob_engineer is offline  
 


Quick Reply: Noisy sound in my jeep


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: