Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Noisy sound in my jeep

Old 02-01-2019, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy sound in my jeep

hi guys

i bought my jeep 2 months ago and it is only 3000KM

These days I heard noisy sound from the front of my car
at variable speeds over 70KM/H it’s coming from outside
i have checked the hood latches and its good I don’t know what is the problem

i will attach the video

can anyone help me please

thank you
Attached Files

Last edited by Aws Yousef; 02-01-2019 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:43 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

It's really hard to tell from that video. That could be just about anything from a loose bolt to something as simple as a rattling heat shield. It's going to take a little more narrowing down when it happens, under what circumstances, if you can create it at will. I mean, if it were me, I'd be going over all torque specs, getting underneath it and trying to move all heat shields by hand trying to reproduce a rattle. You have to do some thorough inspecting and prodding to find these things. If you can narrow down things like....is it rotational (does it change with speed), what area is it coming from? is it only at certain speeds, or only when turning or going straight?
Old 02-01-2019, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
It's really hard to tell from that video. That could be just about anything from a loose bolt to something as simple as a rattling heat shield. It's going to take a little more narrowing down when it happens, under what circumstances, if you can create it at will. I mean, if it were me, I'd be going over all torque specs, getting underneath it and trying to move all heat shields by hand trying to reproduce a rattle. You have to do some thorough inspecting and prodding to find these things. If you can narrow down things like....is it rotational (does it change with speed), what area is it coming from? is it only at certain speeds, or only when turning or going straight?

Hi brother , thank you for your reply

I can hear this sound over 40-50 kph if it’s windy
and over 70+Kph in normal day and no certain speeds if i go any higher speed i can hear the sound , also it seems something loose .

i checked the heat shields and all of them were good .

its occurr on highways or if I drive on wide streets

*i took my car to the dealer and I’m waiting for the result because it is still under warranty.

thank u

Last edited by Aws Yousef; 02-01-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Is that bone stock still, or have you lifted it? If it's stock, and nobody has been messing with bolts, I have to think this might be something as simple as a loose heat shield that the wind is causing to tap against something else. You're not likely to have any bad components on that new of a jeep I suppose. Please followup if the dealership finds the culprit. Hopefully they don't pull the typical "well, we were unable to produce the sound you're describing".

Also, take a minute and fill out few more details in your profile. At the very least JK or JKU, transmission, and any suspension/steering mods if anything, or note "factory" for those. It is helpful for people that dig in looking for those specs when trying to help out. Welcome to the Forum by the way. Lot's of good info on here, specially for newer owners.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Is that bone stock still, or have you lifted it? If it's stock, and nobody has been messing with bolts, I have to think this might be something as simple as a loose heat shield that the wind is causing to tap against something else. You're not likely to have any bad components on that new of a jeep I suppose. Please followup if the dealership finds the culprit. Hopefully they don't pull the typical "well, we were unable to produce the sound you're describing".

Also, take a minute and fill out few more details in your profile. At the very least JK or JKU, transmission, and any suspension/steering mods if anything, or note "factory" for those. It is helpful for people that dig in looking for those specs when trying to help out. Welcome to the Forum by the way. Lot's of good info on here, specially for newer owners.
oh brother

it’s still stock , i just bought it before two months .
and sure if there is any update I’ll update .

Jks
Right now i will update my profile
Old 02-01-2019, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Aws Yousef

Hi brother , thank you for your reply

I can hear this sound over 40-50 kph if it’s windy
and over 70+Kph in normal day and no certain speeds if i go any higher speed i can hear the sound , also it seems something loose .

i checked the heat shields and all of them were good .

its occurr on highways or if I drive on wide streets

*i took my car to the dealer and I’m waiting for the result because it is still under warranty.

thank u

Some have experienced "hood flutter" where the side hood latches have broken and their hood has flown up into their face on windy days.

Check to make certain your hood safety latch is properly aligned and tightened and that it is holding the hood down without the side latches locked down.

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-01-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

I would check the plastic air dam. Check to see if it is secure.

Quick Reply: Noisy sound in my jeep