Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Northridge favors Nitto Trail Grapplers!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Northridge favors Nitto Trail Grapplers!

Use thought I would share this from the Northridge FB page. They have every rig in his pic outfitted with Nitto Trail Grapplers. I think it is safe to say, this would be the end all to tire questions. Now, no more tire questions, please.
Jokes aside, it is always best to determine performance over looks. I have sworn by Nitto Tires for every truck and SUV I have owned and currently own, since using them for the first time years ago. Quality at a reasonable price. I just wish they offered the rail in a D range tire (E only).
I just think these are the types of trends we need to see as these guys know their stuff, off road a lot, and we all seem to have had solid experience and respect their knowledge at Northridge. And, no, I do not work for them, nor affiliated with them. Don't get yur panties in a wad.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2640824569.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	544880  
Old 04-11-2014, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Free Nittos or paying $400 per tire...I too would choose Nitto :-)
Old 04-11-2014, 12:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine pull left. Great tires otherwise.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
Mine pull left. Great tires otherwise.
mine too, but doesn't bother me.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
mine too, but doesn't bother me.
Mine too! Not bothered though
Old 04-12-2014, 02:02 AM
JK Freak

Mine also pulls left and I know why.

They have great traction and are following the slight ruts in the roadway trying to climb out.

Want to test it?

While driving safely, slowly allow the vehicle to move left in your lane.

As it gets to the left side of the lane near the line it tracks straight and the wheel is straight as well.

Strange as it may seem, there you are.

On some roads it will not pull left at all.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Been running them for two years and love em.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

i've been looking into this tire also a 37x12.5x17 and the pull you guys are talking about is it sight or hard pull to the left? how would one rate the pull. and ive also heard the Nitto sizes up to be a true 37" where some other tires measure to 36 to 36.5 in radius.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:00 AM
JK Freak

I know many love these tires but I personally do not like them. They are very heavy and do not work as well as other tires in the Ohio River Valley with it's clay based mud. I had them on our 2 door and they pulled WAY to hard to the left for my liking. They sucked in the snow and rode like bricks. They were loud as hell too. They couldn't wear out fast enough for me (Even though I hated them, I couldn't justify replacing them at their cost.)

I do believe they are a quality tire and are very strong. I also know they balance well. I love how Nitto is involved with the sport and supports it. But I'm sorry, these tires are NOT for me. I think they are better suited for a truck or heavy rig over most Jeeps.

Just my

Last edited by jnabird333; 01-07-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by achtung
i've been looking into this tire also a 37x12.5x17 and the pull you guys are talking about is it sight or hard pull to the left? how would one rate the pull. and ive also heard the Nitto sizes up to be a true 37" where some other tires measure to 36 to 36.5 in radius.
They do in fact measure more "true" than others, but IMO it's because the sidwall has very little give at anything above 18 PSI.

On our 2 door you had to always hold onto the wheel. Even in the right lane where the road crown should pull you to the right some. If we took our hand off the wheel, we would be in the left lane almost immediately.

...and before the comments come out of the woodworks and people get butthurt. This was with NO steering stabalizer (troubleshooting this pull) and several alignment checks. When I swapped the tires to another brand the pull went away and the Jeep drove WAY better. No other change was made beyond the tires to resolve the poor handling and pull.

Quick Reply: Northridge favors Nitto Trail Grapplers!