JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Opinions Needed: Those Running 33's with Superchips (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/opinions-needed-those-running-33s-superchips-151717/)

Ride_My_Jeep 11-16-2010 06:19 PM

Opinions Needed: Those Running 33's with Superchips

I would like to know if it would be that much of a difference and worth it if I purchased a Superchips Flashpaq for my 2010 2DR JK... Currently running 33' with a leveling kit

I don't plan on upgrading to 35's anytime soon being that I have an automatic and would require regearing

So to those that have this setup on your JK, is it worth it?

I appreciate your input

Thanks
AM

AK4Dave 11-16-2010 06:27 PM

Other than tires, it's THE best mod I've done for my jeep so far. I Love it and doubt I could live without it...!!!

Ride_My_Jeep 11-16-2010 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by AK4Dave (Post 1940696)
Other than tires, it's THE best mod I've done for my jeep so far. I Love it and doubt I could live without it...!!!

Can I ask what you did with it, what did ya tune?

Thanks
AM

AK4Dave 11-16-2010 06:48 PM

So far I haven't done anything other than the 87 tune and took off the speed limiter. It's been all I've needed. It shifts great and the added "get up and go" has been plenty good enough for me. I may try the tow tune this summer when I tow my boat, but even with the 87 tune it's been fine doing that as well.

Ride_My_Jeep 11-16-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by AK4Dave (Post 1940735)
So far I haven't done anything other than the 87 tune and took off the speed limiter. It's been all I've needed. It shifts great and the added "get up and go" has been plenty good enough for me. I may try the tow tune this summer when I tow my boat, but even with the 87 tune it's been fine doing that as well.

How much diffrence in MPG's?

sc0tt 11-17-2010 07:50 AM

I love mine. I run the tow tune all the time and it makes driving great.

Christine 11-17-2010 10:49 AM

I'm glad I did. It made a difference. I have since bumped it up to the 91 tune. With all the weight on my Jeep, I still get 17+ on the freeways. Weird.

RevyJKU08 11-17-2010 11:03 AM

Best investment...:thumbsup::clap: It helped with the laggy start and go of the electronic throttle!!!! It works awesome in CRAWL mode for wheeling and with either tow/87 Octane tune I get more power at highway speeds for mountain passes. Also, it removes that stupid (_!_) symbol everytime I run my tires at lower pressures. The bonus will be when I re-gear and go with 35's I can reprogram for my JKU with the new gears and tire size.

pfcarnette89 11-17-2010 02:18 PM

i got it and i love it if i had to get it again i would do it in a heartbeat.

roadking54 11-17-2010 02:57 PM

I don't have your set up, but I installed and ran the 87 tune while I was just stock....made a huge difference for me. More get up and go, throttle response, etc....basically I can't imagine not having the superchip.

now that I have jumped to 35's, 5.13 gears, etc, it's a simple tune adjustment and I'm calibrated.

I wouldn't hesitate to make that purchase.