Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Packing a soft top

Old 05-05-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Packing a soft top

I am getting ready to move cross country in a few weeks and will have movers coming to pack my house. Since I need all of my cargo area I need the movers to pack and move my soft top.

Any advice on what should or should not be done in packing and moving it? I don't want it to be damaged so any tips on the best way to pack it would be appreciated.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 007divegirl
I am getting ready to move cross country in a few weeks and will have movers coming to pack my house. Since I need all of my cargo area I need the movers to pack and move my soft top.

Any advice on what should or should not be done in packing and moving it? I don't want it to be damaged so any tips on the best way to pack it would be appreciated.
I would box it up with alot of bubble wrap so it can't move and wear a hole or rough spot. roll your windows and make sure they can move in a box as well. Where you guys moving to?
Old 05-05-2007, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

That sounds like a good idea. I never thought about it rubbing around inside the box. The windows are still in the box they came in. I haven't even opened them yet. I assume they will be fine packed as they are???

We are headed to Little Rock AFB, we are in northern CA right now. Looking forward to getting back closer to the East coast.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 007divegirl
That sounds like a good idea. I never thought about it rubbing around inside the box. The windows are still in the box they came in. I haven't even opened them yet. I assume they will be fine packed as they are???

We are headed to Little Rock AFB, we are in northern CA right now. Looking forward to getting back closer to the East coast.
Your windows should be fine. Northern CA. are you close enough to join us in a campout and some wheelin. Go to the Staging area and see Oregon JK owners trip plan. You don't have to be from Oregon to go.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nope, too far...about 9 hours. Your camping trip sounds great! You guys will have a great time. Thanks for asking though.

Quick Reply: Packing a soft top