Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Potential buyer.. Questions, Towing, Baby Seats, Mileage, Deisel, etc....

Old 01-13-2007, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Potential buyer.. Questions, Towing, Baby Seats, Mileage, Deisel, etc....

I test drove a wrangler about a month ago.. The wrangler is in my top 3 of potential trucks.. Truthfully its my favorite, I have time I'm not buying until April...

I like the six speed a lot and the power was good but I have some questions.. I need to be set straight on some things

Mileage what are you guys really getting real world with the six speed

How good is the mileage towing? I have motorcycle/Utility trailer.

I tried putting a baby seat in the back and without the flip forward feature it was way hard, compared to my friends 05...
What gives was I working the seat wrong? why would 07 have less room to access the rear seat.. Makes no sense..

Is the diesel motor going to happen for 08 and what is the consensus of what it will be... I get the feeling if it is jeep isn't spilling the beans, Maybe they don't want to stifle the high sales

How is the aftermarket so far is it growing fast as far as exhausts and intakes etc...

If you had to buy over again what would have you done..
Old 01-13-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Jedi Master

I have an automatic tranny, my kiddo is 7, and I haven't towed yet, so I can't help with some of those questions, But:

- From what I have heard I wouldn't expect a diesel in '08, but ya never know.

- Without making your own there are 2 good intakes out and a couple or three cat back exhaust systems. A popular things to be to find a good muffler shop and just replace the muffler with the one you want.

- I can only speak for myself, but I would most certainly purchase another JK.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

1) I'm getting 17 MPG with the tow package (4.10's) and all city driving.

2) Haven't towed anything.

3) The flip-forward was removed because of the passenger seat air-bag occupancy sensor. No way I would try to fight a car seat in a 2-door.

4) Dunno.

5) Seems like every day a new part is coming out. The expense of the new parts should wear off, but not for a year or so.

6) Absolutely would buy it again.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have the 2 door...but, thought you could use this perspective...I've got the Unlimited 6 Speed with 3.21 gears.

Mileage what are you guys really getting real world with the six speed
17 MPG in the City (600 miles)
20 MPG on the Highway (350 miles)

How good is the mileage towing? I have motorcycle/Utility trailer.
I haven't towed my Jet Ski's yet...so I don't know...

What gives was I working the seat wrong? why would 07 have less room to access the rear seat..
I've got 2 boys and I have their car seats in the back with no problem...If you need the room then spring for the extra cash and get the 4 door...It's worth it.

Is the diesel motor going to happen for 08 and what is the consensus of what it will be... I get the feeling if it is jeep isn't spilling the beans, Maybe they don't want to stifle the high sales
???

How is the aftermarket so far is it growing fast as far as exhausts and intakes etc...
It's growing more and more everyday...seems like a lot of products will be releasing around Feb...

If you had to buy over again what would have you done.
Buy a JK Unlimited...

Quick Reply: Potential buyer.. Questions, Towing, Baby Seats, Mileage, Deisel, etc....